Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 08:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Help needed, admitted but short in TOEFL!!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Help needed, admitted but short in TOEFL!!! [#permalink] New post 14 Jul 2012, 10:57
Hi guys,

I need your help please!!!!.

Today I received my TOEFL scores and I got 92: Listening 21; Reading 24; Writting 25; Speaking 22. I hold a conditional offer from a top UK university subject to a minimum overall score of 100 with a minimum of 23 in Listening; 24 in Reading; 24 in Speaking and 23 in Speaking.

In summary the thing would be:

R - L - S - W - T
Requirement: 24 - 23 - 23 - 24 - 100
Obtained: 24 - 21 - 22 - 25 - 92

Last date I have to take the test would be August 25th in order to have time to apply for Visa after the university gives me an unconditional offer.

I am really scare of not having enough time or skills to achieve the scores required, but I have made a lot of efforts to be admitted to the programme and also to obtain support to fund my education that I don't want to miss this opportunity.

My university allows applicants to take any of the following tests:

IELTS 7.0 with a min. of 6.0 in each component
TOEFL 100
CAMBRIDGE CERTIFICATE OF PROFICIENCY IN ENGLISH - B
CAMBRIDGE CERTIFICATE FOR ADVANCED ENGLISH - A
PITMAN EXAMINATION IN INTERNATIONAL ESOL - Mastery Level
PEARSON TEST OF ENGLISH - 69 with a minimum of 59 in each component.

In order to maximize the probability of success, I am willing to take up to 4 of these tests. I will take TOEFL and IELTS plus 2 other. Any of you have experience with the other alternatives?, maybe Cambridge or Pearson?.

Please guys, could you help me with your thoughts and experience. What should I do?. Is it possible to achieve those score levels in this short period?. Please advice me, I really need your help. Should I hire a personal tutor, buy some books, attend an online course??....what???.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Help needed, admitted but short in TOEFL!!! [#permalink] New post 15 Jul 2012, 22:57
Hai, this is rakesh, I want to write toefl next week, I have already taken toefl but i got low score (63), so i want to retake my exam.

Previously I got r-14 ,l-8, s-20, w-21, so please help me in toefl to get good score in my next attempt

thanking you.
Re: Help needed, admitted but short in TOEFL!!!   [#permalink] 15 Jul 2012, 22:57