Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Sep 2014, 18:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

help needed... gmat in 2 days!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

help needed... gmat in 2 days! [#permalink] New post 11 Oct 2010, 23:05
hi everyone ... my gmat is on the 15th october ... and i have a big problem... wen i practice i seem to be doing fine but on timer i do horribly ... wen i redo the same sums ... i can do them ... i dont no where im going wrong ... i took a gmat prep yesterday i got 570.. i no i can do better because i have been concentrating on my basics and solving from OG12 and MGMAT and a few from kaplan for the difficulty and also from this forum.... for some reason i cant get my technique right with the timer on... any suggestions?????
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Retired Moderator
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
Followers: 56

Kudos [?]: 486 [0], given: 157

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: help needed... gmat in 2 days! [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2010, 00:03
sourabhi wrote:
hi everyone ... my gmat is on the 15th october ... and i have a big problem... wen i practice i seem to be doing fine but on timer i do horribly ... wen i redo the same sums ... i can do them ... i dont no where im going wrong ... i took a gmat prep yesterday i got 570.. i no i can do better because i have been concentrating on my basics and solving from OG12 and MGMAT and a few from kaplan for the difficulty and also from this forum.... for some reason i cant get my technique right with the timer on... any suggestions?????

Hi sourabhi, welcome to gmat club!!

Its sad to know the issue you are facing. In my opinion, its too late to implement or follow a strategy during these last moments. You can sit for the test just to have some experience or you can postpone your date depending on your target score. In either case, do let us know if you need any help.

Best of luck & keep us posted.

[ From 470 to 680-My Story ] [ My Last Month Before Test ]
[ GMAT Prep Analysis Tool ] [ US. Business School Dashboard ] [ Int. Business School Dashboard ]

I Can, I Will

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 201 [0], given: 52

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: help needed... gmat in 2 days! [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2010, 09:34
i would review basics and relax. dont get worried since it will affect u on test day

If you like my answers please +1 kudos!

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: help needed... gmat in 2 days! [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2010, 10:52
thanks for the replies .. i think i figured out my problem. did a gmat prep test today ... only a few questions were repeated which i got wrong anyway ...my score was 660. i guess i was trying to do each and every sum properly in 2 mins ... hence i landed up making stupid mistakes... in this test i did the first 10 -15 properly ... n guessed the last few.. n of course skipped 2 3 which i had no idea abt ... n looks like i did fine ... tho i still got a lot of questions wrong it dint affect my overall score.. so i guess the bit i missed was doing the 1st few properly and quessing a few...
Re: help needed... gmat in 2 days!   [#permalink] 12 Oct 2010, 10:52