Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Sep 2014, 22:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Help needed! Got 82 score..

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Help needed! Got 82 score.. [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2013, 14:30
Hi everyone,

I made my TOEFL for the first time and I got 82 score, and I need at least 90.
I prepared for 3 weeks, I got 18 in reading, 17 in listening, 23 in speaking and 24 in writing.

In those 3 weeks, I made all the free reading tests and listening tests that are available on internet, and I paid for a test on the toefl website.
I am also listening the bbc radio everyday.

I am thinking to make a new toefl in august, so I have about 7 weeks more. Do you guys think this is enough time to get those extra 8 points at least?

What should I do to get up my scores in reading and listening ? Should I buy a book of TOEFL, if so, which one do you advice ?

Thanks in advance!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Help needed! Got 82 score.. [#permalink] New post 19 Jun 2013, 20:50
At the very least you can bring up those reading and listening scores. Get a textbook with practice tests on CD to familiarize yourself with the sections a bit more. They are all decent enough, but I rather like Thomson's "Complete Guide to the TOEFL."

And just make sure to speak and write something every day. You can realistically make up eight points in seven weeks.

:TOEFLresources.com: Step-by-step guides to the test and a free essay evaluation service

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Help needed! Got 82 score.. [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2013, 18:34
RicardoR80 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I made my TOEFL for the first time and I got 82 score, and I need at least 90.
I prepared for 3 weeks, I got 18 in reading, 17 in listening, 23 in speaking and 24 in writing.

In those 3 weeks, I made all the free reading tests and listening tests that are available on internet, and I paid for a test on the toefl website.
I am also listening the bbc radio everyday.

I am thinking to make a new toefl in august, so I have about 7 weeks more. Do you guys think this is enough time to get those extra 8 points at least?

What should I do to get up my scores in reading and listening ? Should I buy a book of TOEFL, if so, which one do you advice ?

Thanks in advance!

Look this is not a matter 3 weeks or 7 weeks. You must be get confident about yourself then it should be so easy to get the needed point. Don't worry..I think you will be good in next time..
Re: Help needed! Got 82 score..   [#permalink] 20 Jun 2013, 18:34