Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 07:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

help needed:improvement from 680 to 700+

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
WE 1: 1.3
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 15

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
help needed:improvement from 680 to 700+ [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2012, 22:45
This post received
KUDOS
Hi gmatclubbers,
my name is adhithya,i have taken GMAT second time on feb 7th in which i scored 680(47,35).
Although i improved over my previous attempt of 640(49,27),I still want to break the 700 barrier(being an indian IT male with
,I need to have a decent 700+).
Actually,Iam quite confused as to how I should start my prep as I finished CR bible,mgmat SC,e-gmat sc course,og's and have also
exhausted all MGMAT CAT's as well.
I have always scored in the range of 720-780 in mgmat and improved from 500 in gprep to 770 but still the magical 700 doesnt
happen in the actual one.
The following are the strategies that I have used so far
->make error logs
->practice all cats with awa and 8min break
->have done some gmatclub quant tests(scored 23-29 correct answers
->make checlists for SC(which made all the difference in gmat2)
->given tests in office to get accustomed to testing conditions
All the above strategies seem to work wonders during mocks but still not able to see that 700+in exams

unlike gmat1,Iam not able to narrow down my weaknesses in GMAT2 as this time around there were no timing issues as well.
I desparately seek suggestions from all u guys/gals who have managed to ace this monster of an exam.
I know that this could be the last time Iam giving GMAT,so want to reach that magical 700+
thanks
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GPA: 3.28
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 57 [2] , given: 72

Re: help needed:improvement from 680 to 700+ [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2012, 23:06
This post received
KUDOS
Hi Adhitya,
First of all congratulations for getting over your past performance by 40 points which is really an achievement. So now you have to cross only 20 points this time . Seems easy isn't it Buddy.
Now if you see your score , the performance in quant has gone down wheras in verbal it has improved a lot . With your old quant score and new verbal score ,you could have touched 700. Nevertheless , give it final try with different strategy this time. As you have already squashed most of the material , now is the time to concentrate on 700+ level questions. You can find them in plenty here . Go through them in timed conditions , keep on giving Prac CATs and don't take too long to give your next attempt.
You are fresh now so in a month try to give your Gmat and i hope you will be able to go way beyond that 700 mark.

+1 kudo for the improvement from the previous score.

If you like my post, Press +1 KUDO. It is the best way to say Thanks .

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2232

Kudos [?]: 8357 [1] , given: 3645

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: help needed:improvement from 680 to 700+ [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2012, 09:31
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
You can look into GMAT courses that offer money back guarantee:
-Knewton
-GMAT Pill
-Magoosh

They offer money back unless you get a 50 points higher score.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

1 KUDOS received
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 308 [1] , given: 190

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: help needed:improvement from 680 to 700+ [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2012, 12:19
This post received
KUDOS
Hi,

If you are targeting 700 path is pretty simple:

1.) Raise your quant from 47 to 50
2.) Keep verbal at 35 or higher.

Solve each and every GMAT Club Test + Knewton + MGMAT Free Questions.
Buy MGMAT Advanced Quant and solve it.
Give some other tests like Kaplan/ Princeton Review.
Keep practicing verbal.

The question is not can you rise up to iconic! The real question is will you ?

Expert Post
e-GMAT Representative
Followers: 1237

Kudos [?]: 3406 [0], given: 181

Re: help needed:improvement from 680 to 700+ [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2012, 16:59
Expert's post
I like Abhi J's suggestion. That is a very viable option and probably the cheapest.

An alternate strategy that you could use is to upgrade to Verbal Live Complete. That would give you a 3 point improvement guarantee on Verbal (note: you have already improved 7 points based on SC) and if you can repeat your performance on quant from GMAT1, you should be golden. Assuming that you are willing to take the exam in the end of April, the soon to be released RC course could push up your Verbal quite a bit.

-Rajat

Free Webinar: August 24, 2014 - Improve by 70 Points in 30 days: Register for this Free Webinar to learn how to define your strategy, analyze your mocks and improve by 70 points in 30 days. Click here to register.

Re: help needed:improvement from 680 to 700+   [#permalink] 15 Mar 2012, 16:59