I am an Indian Male with an I.T (Software Engineer) experience of 2.5 years. Planning to apply for the MBA 2014 intake. (So by then my work-ex would be 3-3.5 years)
Interested in Marketing. Have a CGPA of 7.1 out of 10 (equivalent to 76%) in my UG Course - B.Tech in Electronics & Communication.
Could you please help me answer some questions :
1) What would be the best Study plan and best time to give GMAT?
2) Which all Business Schools I need to target and set for sending the GMAT score when I appear for GMAT. Since I do not know how much will I score in the exam.
3) How do I proceed here on? Have started TOEFL preparations currently (though my U.G course was in English only)
Please do advise as going through the forums, I am not able to decide on the same.
You have a decent profile with good CGPA.
1) I would suggest you to start taking some GMAT sample papers so that it will help you to gauge your preparation and according you can give extra efforts to that particular section in which you are weak. The best time to give your GMAT is when you are perfectly prepared and confident to take the exam. You can also try this GMAT test tool http://tinyurl.com/aofk2s8
. You may also go for Online GMAT classes http://tinyurl.com/cp46f9x
2) As per your profile I would suggest you to target Stanford, Wharton, MIT Sloan, Haas, Kellogg, Duke and NYU Stern as these are among the top US B Schools which are good in Marketing. To target all above B-School you should target GMAT Score above 690.
3) Take your TOEFL and GMAT Exam and simultaneously start looking after the deadlines and selection criteria of all above mentioned B-Schools and start working on the application(like essays, getting recommendations from your manager/supervisor etc.). Take assistance of professional consultants for reviewing your essays(if needed). Most of the B-School also takes GMAT Score/TOEFL after submitting the application. Make your contacts with alum of the B-Schools you are targeting.
Feel free to get in touch for further queries if you might have.
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect
Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool