I have been following many threads on this forum, which were very helpful, but now I am beginning to panic!
I am taking the GMAT in 4 days and my situation is as follows:
- I am a GMAT retaker (took it in 2009 when I scored a 620, retook it this year but had a drop to 420! - I clearly underestimated GMAT and didn't prepare enough next to my full-time work)
- Now I took 2 weeks off, and have been doing nothing else but the GMAT for in average 9 hours per day...
- I went through the complete 12OG, Kaplan Premier
2012 (most parts) and started questions and parts of the Verbal Review
- I started taking tests yesterday:
- 2nd offical GMAT prep (Score 630 Q43 V34)
CAT1 (2h later): (Score 520 Q26 V30)
CAT2: (Score: 530 Q25 V33) --> Here I noticed, that I have serious time mgmt. problems both in math and verbal (had for last 6 quant questions just under 1 minute per question left and in verbal worse!
IN FACT in verbal I had almost all questions 22/29 of first 29 questions right, but then missed ALL the remaining questions besides one from Q30-42!!!
So I saw the POSITIVE and said it's a CLEAR TIMING issue!! I disciplined myslef and too the CAT3 with disciplined time management and got through spot-on timing wise for quant, bit of a struggle in Verbal but managed. RESULT:
- CAT3: (Score 520 Q28 V28) GOSH!!!!!
So I am helpless! I don't know what it is!! I am not getting better, and the COMPOSITION of my score keeps changing! I started off doing well on MATH (Q43 V34) and ended up with the inverse (Q28 and V27)... - what I have noticed on this test and many other test, that I start screwing up several questions in a row!! Q28-35 all wrong besides one in verbal....I know this has a huge effect on scoring, but when taking the test not feeling answers were wrong.
--> I really CANNOT spot what to do, where the source of problems is and what to DO in the next days???
More tests, what review? Time management?
Could anyone please help? Share experience?
Thanks a lot in advance!!!!