Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Oct 2014, 14:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Help on going from 40 to 45+ on GMAT

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 3

Help on going from 40 to 45+ on GMAT [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2011, 07:38
Hi guys I took the gmat in december and got a 520, ( 40q, 22v)

I want to take the gmat in arround 50 days... and want to get my quant to a 45+ range...
I stil havent finished the OG12 , and quantiative review ( green book) Im currently reviewing by previews answers ( the ones I got wrong) I will finish in arround 10 days.. and start with the green book.

I read the number properties from MGMT a while back... I feel I have o read it again ... as well as the words translations. ( I have a lot of trouble with work/rate problmes) so I think the words translations will help me a lot.

I am curretly half way in the kaplan 800 book.. just quant...

Can anyone give me some advice? is this ok? does anyone recomend anything different?

I plan to take the kaplan premier paper based toelf this satruday , I know its not like the GMAT PRep but I feel there are still some subjects that I need help. ( Coord Geometry, rate/Work) I want to present the paper based gmat purely for the STEMINA!

I have arround 7 weeks left. I feel there is no need to take the gmat preps or other cat exams since I clearly need to study a bit more... so I feel arround 3-4 weeks of study then 3 weeks with gmat prep...

the 3-4 weeks that I will spend studying is what I am very concerned with... So that is what I am asking oyu guys for opinions !?

regards
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 12

Re: Help on going from 40 to 45+ on GMAT [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2011, 08:50
Practice is the key my friend. Make sure you document your work, look for wrong answers and study them closely. Don't try to finish problems for the sake of finishing them, understanding concepts will help you solve problems better than if you just try and run through them. Good luck :)
Manager
Manager

Re: Help on going from 40 to 45+ on GMAT [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2011, 09:08
Check out this thread and it will give you a decent idea of how to go about this..
760-99-q47-v47-gmat-conquered-after-a-very-long-fight-110448.html#p888252
Manager
Manager

Re: Help on going from 40 to 45+ on GMAT [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2011, 09:09
As always, best of luck and hope you ace the test :)
Re: Help on going from 40 to 45+ on GMAT   [#permalink] 09 Mar 2011, 09:09