Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Apr 2014, 22:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

HELP PLEASE! SCORED A 500 ...Do shools consider this?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kellogg (Accepted), Wharton (interviewed) Columbia, Tuck(waitlisted) , Duke (invited)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 14

HELP PLEASE! SCORED A 500 ...Do shools consider this? [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2009, 12:26
Hello, I am from Venezuela.
I've been scoring 600 to 680 on Gmatprep and other software. I took my Gmat test today and scored a horrible 500.
I sent the scores to all the schools(KELLOGG, WHARTON, HARVARD, ROSS AND TUCK)
I have already scheduled a new appointment. If I score better will the previous score be erased? Does anyone know if schools will consider a 500? How about if the will dismiss the previous score?
Please help...
Hopefully I'll do better, not sure what to do though since I went through all the books.
I've been working in the marketing field for the past five years. I work for two years at procter & gamble, revlon, and 2 years at Kelloggs company. will this combined with recos and the horrible 500 gmat score have a shot a being considered by the schools mentioned above?
Thanks in advance!
naty
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Affiliations: Consortium (CGSM.org), NSHMBA
Schools: Yale SOM Class of 2012
WE 1: Investment Banking Summer Associate (Boutique tech M&A)
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 213 [0], given: 111

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: HELP PLEASE! SCORED A 500 ...Do shools consider this? [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2009, 23:08
hi,

if you work to improve your score, then the schools will only consider your highest score. just read through the forums and prepare a little better for your retake. if you improve your score, then getting a 500 the first time shouldn't hurt you (if anything, showing a very large improvement could be a sign of dedication on your part, which you could talk about in your essays. this would be a good thing rather than a bad thing)

GMAT Debrief

Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 1984

Kudos [?]: 6419 [0], given: 3565

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: HELP PLEASE! SCORED A 500 ...Do shools consider this? [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2009, 23:47
Expert's post
You can always re-take and do better. In that case, your lower score is not considered, so it is very safe to retake (the higher of the 2 is considered).

You can get started here: gmat-study-plan-for-gmat-novices-start-your-gmat-journey-80727.html
and here: should-i-retake-gmat-thread-retaking-gmat-strategies-83339.html

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Intern
Intern
Schools: Kellogg (Accepted), Wharton (interviewed) Columbia, Tuck(waitlisted) , Duke (invited)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 14

Re: HELP PLEASE! SCORED A 500 ...Do shools consider this? [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2009, 20:53
Thanks to everyone who answered! :-D
I will take a look at all the links.
Hopefully this will help me too.
Re: HELP PLEASE! SCORED A 500 ...Do shools consider this?   [#permalink] 16 Nov 2009, 20:53