Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Sep 2014, 01:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Help! Poor Test Scores

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Help! Poor Test Scores [#permalink] New post 21 Jul 2014, 08:29
Hi there,

There's no way to mask it, I have low test scores. I've tried studying for months, taken prep courses, paid for private tutors and everything. Because I knew the test was going to hard I opted for the GRE knowing that schools are accepting lower than average scores and hoping an adcom will accept a lower GRE since doing so won't hurt their GMAT average. How bad? 156 verbal and 155 quant.

A little about me: 3.43 GPA from a private top 50 university. I have significant national political and crisis communication experience and am now at a major financial media company where I'm managing aspects of our strategic communications effort (resulting in over $1 million in new sales). In my spare time I'm consulting for an international educational non-profit through a social sector investment org, am a mentor to an at risk youth in my city, help oversee a $2.5 million real estate trust and am involved with alumni activities from my undergrad school.

What can I do/say to help address the low scores in an application?
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Status: One Consultant. Unparalleled Experience. Unlimited Support. - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Stanford admit rate 2013: 100%
GMAT 1: 740 Q V
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 2

Re: Help! Poor Test Scores [#permalink] New post 23 Jul 2014, 21:02
Sounds like you have made quite an effort! While there are certainly ways to shine throughout the rest of your application, the most important being the essays, there unfortunately isn't much you can say about your test scores. They are what they are and its not possible to say anything that would help your case. Since you have spent so long already practicing and studying, I would put that level of effort and focus into your applications. The scores are just one part of the application, so focus on the others. Do you know which schools you are applying to yet? Good luck!

Scott Edinburgh
Personal MBA Coach
scott@personalmbacoach.com
http://www.personalmbacoach.com
--Free consultation & application strategy discussion

Scott Edinburgh
Personal MBA Coach
scott@personalmbacoach.com
http://www.personalmbacoach.com
--Free consultation & application strategy discussion

Re: Help! Poor Test Scores   [#permalink] 23 Jul 2014, 21:02