Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 14:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Help : Profile Evaluation

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Help : Profile Evaluation [#permalink] New post 11 Jun 2013, 02:48
Hi

I am looking for a 1 year specialized course in US/Australia which will give boost to my career and also help me get job their. Please suggest me some courses/universities where i can apply. Below is my profile

Nationality : INdia
X -- 76.83 %
XII -- 71.38%
Btech IT -- 68.3%
2 Years of work experience in IT sector as system engineer:
MBA currently pursuing 8.86 current GPA: fairly a good college; can get good LOR
Extracurricular: Good at college level, Member of various clubs, not international and national;

Please suggest me some good courses or universities as per my profile
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 535 [1] , given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Help : Profile Evaluation [#permalink] New post 11 Jun 2013, 05:07
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Hey there, so you have decided to do an MBA??? (or are you also considering other Masters programs??? This was unclear from your post).

First of all, with two years experience only, I would suggest you wait another year, as most schools will expect you to have 3+ years experience.

Have you taken the GMAT that? Your GMAT score will also be vital for me to be able to suggest schools to you.

Finally, there are a few one-year programs in the US/Australia, but there are many more in Europe. So I don't know if you are interested in going to Europe, but you might think about that as well.

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Intern
Intern

Re: Help : Profile Evaluation [#permalink] New post 11 Jun 2013, 05:49
thanks for reply.

I am already doing MBA in India. I have completed one year. I am looking for the course that will further add value to my career after MBA. I am still undecided about whether to give GRE or GMAT. i will decide based on the courses available.

Europe is also ok for me. But i am still doubtful about the job scenario there. However USA and Australia are my prime choices.

So now based on this info and my profile if you could suggest me some courses in good universities.

Thanks
Ritesh
Expert Post
Admissionado

Kudos [?]: 535 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Help : Profile Evaluation [#permalink] New post 11 Jun 2013, 22:23
Expert's post
Dear Ritesh,
Okay I got it. So first of all, all courses that you would want to go to would require a GMAT, so my first advice to you would be to get that out of the way, before you think about what schools you would apply to, because of course, your GMAT score, just last your work history is necessary for you to figure out where you can and should apply.

I wouldn't worry about "Europe" in general, because there are plenty of fantastic jobs there (of course the most important thing, and this is true for the US as much as for Europe is to go to as good a school as possible). Anyhow sticking to the US, you have: Johnson, Kellogg, Katz, Babson, Mendoze, Goizueta, BU and Marshall (there are more, but these are among the better ones). In Australia, you have Hult and Melbourne.You probably will still need to work a few more years before you apply to make this make sense though.

For all of them you will need to take the GMAT.

Best,

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

Intern
Intern

Re: Help : Profile Evaluation [#permalink] New post 12 Jun 2013, 09:28
Hi
thanks for help.
I just need a littile help more from you. Could you please suggest me some good universities that offer MS in statistics which is reachable by me as per my profile. The only concern i have is i need the course with the duration around 1 year.
Thanks

Thanks in advance.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Expert Post
Admissionado

GMAT Tests User
Re: Help : Profile Evaluation [#permalink] New post 12 Jun 2013, 22:12
Expert's post
Your best place to start is here: http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandr ... s-rankings

Some of these programs you can complete in one year, and some work on a credit basis (meaning you can complete them in one year, if you take extra courses, even though the program is designed to be finished in two). Best would be if you contacted the relevant schools so see if that is in order.

Best,

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

Intern
Intern

Re: Help : Profile Evaluation [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2013, 04:24
I have a doubt whether one year program is recognized for job as same as the 2 years or not in US?
And what are the job related scenarios for Statistics degree holders?
How difficult to find a job for
international students ?

Please help .

Posted from my mobile device Image
Expert Post
Admissionado

GMAT Tests User
Re: Help : Profile Evaluation [#permalink] New post 14 Jun 2013, 00:02
Expert's post
Well, the advantage of two years is that you have a lot more time to look for a job and build connections, plus you have the summer between year one and year two to get an internship, impress people and get hired. How hard it is to get a job for foreigners, depends on too many factors: How you performed, where you come from, what industry you are in, what school you go to, what region you are in, etc. etc. etc.

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com