Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 10:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Help required in selecting suitable MBA Program

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Aug 2012
Posts: 5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Help required in selecting suitable MBA Program [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2012, 11:07
Hello Group!

Request your guidence .

I am planning to give GMAT by Nov end

I am an engineering Graduate with more than 11 years of work experience in India’s two Leading Automobile industries . I have already done two correspondence management programs from Symbiosis and Narsee Monjee respectively . I am lead auditor for TS16949, ISO14001 and certified silver assessor for TBEM. I was the President of my college cultural committee and coordinator for my batch alumni group..
For details my cv is enclosed with postCan u guide me some good MBA Programs and Business Schools for my profile . Is it possible than I can apply for the 2013-2014 batch of some business schools.Looking forward for your queries / response

Regards

Attachments

Resume Vikas B School.doc [170.59 KiB]
Downloaded 28 times

To download please login or register as a user

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
User avatar
Joined: 20 Apr 2003
Posts: 4763
Location: Los Angeles CA
Followers: 38

Kudos [?]: 317 [0], given: 64

GMAT Tests User
Re: Help required in selecting suitable MBA Program [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2012, 19:05
Expert's post
vikashee wrote:
Hello Group!

Request your guidence .

I am planning to give GMAT by Nov end

I am an engineering Graduate with more than 11 years of work experience in India’s two Leading Automobile industries . I have already done two correspondence management programs from Symbiosis and Narsee Monjee respectively . I am lead auditor for TS16949, ISO14001 and certified silver assessor for TBEM. I was the President of my college cultural committee and coordinator for my batch alumni group..
For details my cv is enclosed with postCan u guide me some good MBA Programs and Business Schools for my profile . Is it possible than I can apply for the 2013-2014 batch of some business schools.Looking forward for your queries / response

Regards



A few questions:

1. What GMAT score do you anticipate?
2. What do you want to do with your MBA after you get it?
3. Do you want to earn your MBA in the U.S.?

Yes, it is possible to take the GMAT in November and prepare applications for the January (and sometimes later) deadlines.

Best,
Linda

_________________

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Aug 2012
Posts: 5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Help required in selecting suitable MBA Program [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2012, 19:22
Many thanks... for replying

Given below is my response to your questions
1. What GMAT score do you anticipate? Currently i expect any thing b/w 660-700 , I m preparing die hard for 740 +
2. What do you want to do with your MBA after you get it? I want to lend up in a senior level position in a reputed mnc , preferably we a decent pay pacakge so as to get rid of my loans and liabilites at the earilest
3. Do you want to earn your MBA in the U.S.?
Desperately ,, but i understand that TOFEL,apart from GMAT , is mandatory for US B schools ,

One more query from my side ... have you gone through my resume ....
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
User avatar
Joined: 20 Apr 2003
Posts: 4763
Location: Los Angeles CA
Followers: 38

Kudos [?]: 317 [0], given: 64

GMAT Tests User
Re: Help required in selecting suitable MBA Program [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2012, 20:45
Expert's post
vikashee wrote:
Many thanks... for replying

Given below is my response to your questions
1. What GMAT score do you anticipate? Currently i expect any thing b/w 660-700 , I m preparing die hard for 740 +
2. What do you want to do with your MBA after you get it? I want to lend up in a senior level position in a reputed mnc , preferably we a decent pay pacakge so as to get rid of my loans and liabilites at the earilest
3. Do you want to earn your MBA in the U.S.?
Desperately ,, but i understand that TOFEL,apart from GMAT , is mandatory for US B schools ,

One more query from my side ... have you gone through my resume ....


To the last question: yes. Quickly.

Let's assume you get a balanced 680 on the GMAT. Check out IMD, Rotterdam, Purdue, Broad. You may also want to consider the Sloan Fellows Program at MIT Sloan . You may also want to consider MIT's SDM or Master's Program in Engineering and Management.

Best,
Linda Abraham

_________________

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Aug 2012
Posts: 5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Help required in selecting suitable MBA Program [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2012, 23:48
Many thanks for your recommendation .

Just had few queries

1) Have you gone through my resume and accordingly making these recommendations ?

2) Which are the programs your recommend in these institutes for my candidature ?

3) How do you find chances of placement post MBA , for a candidate like me , whose over all work exp. is 11 years plus ,which probably becomes a disadvanatge , when it comes to placement

Regards
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
User avatar
Joined: 20 Apr 2003
Posts: 4763
Location: Los Angeles CA
Followers: 38

Kudos [?]: 317 [0], given: 64

GMAT Tests User
Re: Help required in selecting suitable MBA Program [#permalink] New post 11 Oct 2012, 22:46
Expert's post
vikashee wrote:
Many thanks for your recommendation .

Just had few queries

1) Have you gone through my resume and accordingly making these recommendations ?

2) Which are the programs your recommend in these institutes for my candidature ?

3) How do you find chances of placement post MBA , for a candidate like me , whose over all work exp. is 11 years plus ,which probably becomes a disadvanatge , when it comes to placement

Regards

You're welcome.

1. Yes.
2. For all but the SDM program, I was recommending the MBA.
3. Increased placement difficulty is a major reason older applicants have harder time getting accepted. I think it is a reality you should consider.

Best,
Linda

_________________

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
help select country for MBA adibaid26 1 20 Feb 2014, 04:30
Experts publish their posts in the topic School Selection - Help required sundems 1 26 Apr 2013, 15:23
School Selection - Help required sundems 0 26 Apr 2013, 15:18
suitability of an MBA program karma 1 04 Aug 2008, 01:26
help required in university selection sudhapriyanka 0 29 Jun 2008, 10:13
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Help required in selecting suitable MBA Program

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.