Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Aug 2014, 03:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

help required urgently

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 3

help required urgently [#permalink] New post 04 May 2013, 19:26
Hi
I will be frank and honest here since i am in need for some help, i took the GMAT and got 700 , I was not satisfied with the score and wanted to take it again , but this time i had some issues (personal as well as professional) which unfortunately happened to occur just before the exam and I messed up my second attempt and got a very low 600 , now i am really scared since if i take a 3rd attempt and if for some reason it doesn't go well schools might think that i got the 700 by fluke ,hence can you please advise me what should i do next , I would like to apply with my 700 score itself without taking any further risks.

desperately need some suggestions and advise

Thanks and regards,
Siddharth
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
Affiliations: NYK Line
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE: Engineering (Transportation)
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 247 [1] , given: 67

Re: help required urgently [#permalink] New post 05 May 2013, 06:44
This post received
KUDOS
Hi Sid

I think u must go ahead with a 700 score...fr colleges they just need best of all the scores...bt understand the fact that once u apply to a coll they get access to all the scores that u scored until the applying.....So i think avoid any further attempts and work on applications.

Consider kudos if my post helps!!!!!!!1

Archit
VP
VP
Affiliations: NYK Line
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE: Engineering (Transportation)
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 247 [0], given: 67

Re: help required urgently [#permalink] New post 05 May 2013, 06:51
Hi Sid
Go thru the link.....fr sure u ll get motivated

from-despair-to-dream-come-true-this-is-my-story-152198.html

Consider kudos if my post helps!!!!!!!!!!!1

Archit
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 3

Re: help required urgently [#permalink] New post 05 May 2013, 06:56
Thank You for your encouraging comments , but I am a bit nervous ,i gave my first attempt in Jan and had prepared a lot for that ,then took my second in April and messed that up ,so I am not very confidant right now about where my preparation stands , also another attempt would mean preparing rigorously for at least another month or 2 to get it up all the way to 750 level , and that means the deadlines will be very close and proper application time will be lost , so keeping in mind these 2 factors i think i would go ahead with my application with this score itself, what are my chances with may be if not the top 10 but the the next 15 ie from 11-25 schools , i am not sure though , please advise.

Warm regards,
Sidd
Expert Post
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 59

Kudos [?]: 184 [0], given: 66

Re: help required urgently [#permalink] New post 05 May 2013, 08:24
Expert's post
siddharth86 wrote:
Thank You for your encouraging comments , but I am a bit nervous ,i gave my first attempt in Jan and had prepared a lot for that ,then took my second in April and messed that up ,so I am not very confidant right now about where my preparation stands , also another attempt would mean preparing rigorously for at least another month or 2 to get it up all the way to 750 level , and that means the deadlines will be very close and proper application time will be lost , so keeping in mind these 2 factors i think i would go ahead with my application with this score itself, what are my chances with may be if not the top 10 but the the next 15 ie from 11-25 schools , i am not sure though , please advise.

Warm regards,
Sidd

Hi Sidd, I think that is the real question. If 700 gets you where you want to go, then there is no need to take the exam again. Especially since it's time and money to dedicate to try and get a better score that is nowhere near guaranteed.

As for your possibilities of getting into school X or school Y, a lot of that depends on your profile and grades. The target GMAT score should be publicly available information for whichever schools you're targetting, but 700 is a pretty decent score for almost any school. Best of luck with the application process

Thanks!
-Ron

Ron Awad
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses and Admissions Consulting Services
Veritas Prep Reviews

Re: help required urgently   [#permalink] 05 May 2013, 08:24