Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Nov 2014, 10:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Help required urgently

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Help required urgently [#permalink] New post 05 Aug 2007, 09:35
Hi people,

I seek some help from you. My GMAT is on 18th August and i have absolutely no idea how i am going to face it. Reason being i was not able to study due to excessive official work. I did study some 1.5 months back but after that it was like nothing. I have'nt taken any full length test till date so that i can judge my preparation level.

I am taking two weeks off starting 4th August to study at home.
I want a suggestion from you guys whether i should postpone my test or have a go after two weeks preparations.

I took GMATPrep today and really screwed things up.Got 600 (Q45,V28).
I did some real silly mistakes.Just to highlight:

1.) Got 2nd,3rd ques in Quants wrong. Both of them were easy....I guess i cudn't recover from there.

2.) Got first 2 ques in V wrong. Nail in the coffin..... :oops:

Now should i postpone my appointment or go ahead? I think i can improve in next 12 days but suggestions from u guys will be really helpful.

Thanks in advance.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 66

Kudos [?]: 342 [0], given: 14

[#permalink] New post 05 Aug 2007, 16:07
What kind of prep did you do 1.5 months ago? What questions did you do? It's possible if you spend all your hours in the next 12 days on it, but make sure to not do anything the day before just to clear your mind.
Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 05 Aug 2007, 17:46
I think you need some more work and suggest you to re-schedule if you are aiming for 700+ . A gap of one and half months in long enough to break your momentum. You need some time to recover and i would rather suggest you to give yourself another month at least . Again its just my personal opinion.
  [#permalink] 05 Aug 2007, 17:46