You have a good GMAT and a decent CGPA score. ECs look fine. However, if you can position well in application essays and showcase ability to work with others, potential as a leader, maturity, achievements at work place, how an MBA from ABC b-school will help you to achieve your dreams, contribution to the b-school society and professionalism during final interviews, then you will stand a chance in b-school(s). Even your scholarship chances will enhance by submitting strong application essays. Try your chances in b-school(s) by clicking, http://www.apphelp.co.in/Bschool-selection.htm
To get some more clarity on b-school application process and inputs from top b-school grads, kindly attend the webinar conducted by b-school alumnus. For more information and to register your name, click http://www.apphelp.co.in/apphelp-alumni-sessions.php
Let me know in case of further queries. You may PM your detais for school selection or profile evaluation in length.
I am really confused about where all I should apply....kindly have a look at my profile.......all suggestions (and criticism ) welcome!
Demographics: Female, Indian (non-IT)
1) Brief description of your full-time work experience. What do you do?- 2years till today. Manufacturing (Electricl and Electronics, Fortune 500). Role-Supply Chain Management. Responsibility-managing supplies from 35+ import suppliers, getting material JIT for production,Analyze spend and initiate cost savings projects, inventory control projects.
2) Your GMAT.- 720 (Q48, V40, AWA 5.5)
3) College info: The name of the college, your GPA or grade average, your major, year of graduation. Manipal Institute of Tech. (india), 7.96/10, Electrical engg, 2011
4) Significant college and post-college extra-curricular activities or community service, especially leadership experience. . Anchor Volunteer for a school under my NGO. Currently setting up a Science Lab there. Previously conducted "career Talks" for students. Trained new volunteers. Started blog for volunteers all over the country to share their experiences , and am currently managing the same.
other ECs: writing. Freelanced during college. May certificates from school time.
Dance: diploma holder in Bharatnatyam(Indian classical Dance)
6) Your target programsISB. Need help with choosing other program
8) Your post-MBA goal.Management Consulting
Other info: (1)4Q trained(my organization's equivalent of Six Sigma), might get certified before applications.
(2)Took initiative after re-structuring of our team, and as a result of that initiative I am currently handling 75% of our total purchases.Earlier same was handled by a person with 6 years of workex.
(3)Very low on funds. So kindly suggest programs which are affordable.Course fees such as 100000$$s are totally out of scope.
Undergrad- Top 5 college in India
MBA- Top 15 FT ranking b-school