Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Oct 2014, 00:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Help: school selection

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
Schools: ISB '15
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.18
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 34

Reviews Badge
Help: school selection [#permalink] New post 30 Jun 2013, 22:55
Hi,

I am really confused about where all I should apply....kindly have a look at my profile.......all suggestions (and criticism ) welcome!
Demographics: Female, Indian (non-IT)
1) Brief description of your full-time work experience. What do you do?- 2years till today. Manufacturing (Electricl and Electronics, Fortune 500). Role-Supply Chain Management. Responsibility-managing supplies from 35+ import suppliers, getting material JIT for production,Analyze spend and initiate cost savings projects, inventory control projects.
2) Your GMAT.- 720 (Q48, V40, AWA 5.5)
3) College info: The name of the college, your GPA or grade average, your major, year of graduation. Manipal Institute of Tech. (india), 7.96/10, Electrical engg, 2011
4) Significant college and post-college extra-curricular activities or community service, especially leadership experience. . Anchor Volunteer for a school under my NGO. Currently setting up a Science Lab there. Previously conducted "career Talks" for students. Trained new volunteers. Started blog for volunteers all over the country to share their experiences , and am currently managing the same.
other ECs: writing. Freelanced during college. May certificates from school time.
Dance: diploma holder in Bharatnatyam(Indian classical Dance)
6) Your target programsISB. Need help with choosing other program
8) Your post-MBA goal.Management Consulting

Other info: (1)4Q trained(my organization's equivalent of Six Sigma), might get certified before applications.
(2)Took initiative after re-structuring of our team, and as a result of that initiative I am currently handling 75% of our total purchases.Earlier same was handled by a person with 6 years of workex.
(3)Very low on funds. So kindly suggest programs which are affordable.Course fees such as 100000$$s are totally out of scope.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q V
WE: General Management (Education)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 3

Re: Help: school selection [#permalink] New post 01 Jul 2013, 05:13
Hi Dreaming,

I think you have a good profile and a few other things work for you (non-IT, Female etc.).

The other factor to consider here is the course fee range to be lower than $100,000. That rules out a majority of top private MBA programs in the US & Europe. You can consider courses in Canada - Rotman, McGills, Queens - or you can also consider NUS/NTU in Singapore. In US you can try state universities such as Washington State University, University of Florida etc. They are cheaper and also offer better chances of getting scholarships.

I hope the information was useful. Feel free to reach out in case you want a more focussed discussion.

Regards,

Anshul

MBA Admissions Consultant
Entrepreneur & Educationist
Alumni, Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad (GMAT: 760)
India
http://www.anshulgupta.net

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!
Click Here for a free consultation!

Believe in The Power of Simplicity!

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
Schools: ISB '15
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.18
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 34

Reviews Badge
Re: Help: school selection [#permalink] New post 01 Jul 2013, 05:32
Dear Anshul,
Thanks a lot for your reply....Iam concerned if my lower work ex is going to be a big hindrance? Also, had the money not been an issue...which all schools would have been in my range? Thanks a lot for your reply,much appreciated... :-)

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V49
GPA: 3.8
WE: Corporate Finance (Consulting)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Help: school selection [#permalink] New post 02 Jul 2013, 02:46
Hi,

You have a good GMAT and a decent CGPA score. ECs look fine. However, if you can position well in application essays and showcase ability to work with others, potential as a leader, maturity, achievements at work place, how an MBA from ABC b-school will help you to achieve your dreams, contribution to the b-school society and professionalism during final interviews, then you will stand a chance in b-school(s). Even your scholarship chances will enhance by submitting strong application essays. Try your chances in b-school(s) by clicking, http://www.apphelp.co.in/Bschool-selection.htm.

To get some more clarity on b-school application process and inputs from top b-school grads, kindly attend the webinar conducted by b-school alumnus. For more information and to register your name, click http://www.apphelp.co.in/apphelp-alumni-sessions.php

Let me know in case of further queries. You may PM your detais for school selection or profile evaluation in length.

Regards
Erina

Dreaming wrote:
Hi,

I am really confused about where all I should apply....kindly have a look at my profile.......all suggestions (and criticism ) welcome!
Demographics: Female, Indian (non-IT)
1) Brief description of your full-time work experience. What do you do?- 2years till today. Manufacturing (Electricl and Electronics, Fortune 500). Role-Supply Chain Management. Responsibility-managing supplies from 35+ import suppliers, getting material JIT for production,Analyze spend and initiate cost savings projects, inventory control projects.
2) Your GMAT.- 720 (Q48, V40, AWA 5.5)
3) College info: The name of the college, your GPA or grade average, your major, year of graduation. Manipal Institute of Tech. (india), 7.96/10, Electrical engg, 2011
4) Significant college and post-college extra-curricular activities or community service, especially leadership experience. . Anchor Volunteer for a school under my NGO. Currently setting up a Science Lab there. Previously conducted "career Talks" for students. Trained new volunteers. Started blog for volunteers all over the country to share their experiences , and am currently managing the same.
other ECs: writing. Freelanced during college. May certificates from school time.
Dance: diploma holder in Bharatnatyam(Indian classical Dance)
6) Your target programsISB. Need help with choosing other program
8) Your post-MBA goal.Management Consulting

Other info: (1)4Q trained(my organization's equivalent of Six Sigma), might get certified before applications.
(2)Took initiative after re-structuring of our team, and as a result of that initiative I am currently handling 75% of our total purchases.Earlier same was handled by a person with 6 years of workex.
(3)Very low on funds. So kindly suggest programs which are affordable.Course fees such as 100000$$s are totally out of scope.

GMAT-720
Undergrad- Top 5 college in India
MBA- Top 15 FT ranking b-school

Re: Help: school selection   [#permalink] 02 Jul 2013, 02:46