Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 16:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Help with 'Amount of Last Annual Bonus Received'

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 76 [0], given: 27

Help with 'Amount of Last Annual Bonus Received' [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2011, 06:01
I'm wrapping up my application for CBS and I'm stuck on the salary section. It asks me to state: 'Amount of Last Annual Bonus Received:'

I don't get an annual bonus at my job. Instead, throughout the year I'll get commission based on my performance and what I sell. Over the past 12 months, my commission has amounted to about 30% of my total earnings.

My thinking is that I should go back 1 year from this month and add up all my commission from past paychecks. This would give me the grand total of all commission/bonuses I've received in the 12 months prior to submitting my application.

Is this the right way to do this? I don't want to get nabbed by Kroll...

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Schools: Columbia Business School, Goizueta, Sloan
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 28

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Help with 'Amount of Last Annual Bonus Received' [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2011, 08:22
Hey there,

I am really not an expert on this field. But if I were in your positions I would either add commission to my overall salary or I would simply put commission as a bonus. Not all the people get bonus as a part of their salary and many people apply by simply putting a zero in bonus field.

If you do not find an answer you can do either. But then, at the end of application you can state that commission is part of your annual salary or you can say that your bonus is actually your commission.

Hope it help :)

Set your aims high, carpe diem

Re: Help with 'Amount of Last Annual Bonus Received'   [#permalink] 18 Jun 2011, 08:22