Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 12 Jul 2014, 03:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Help with Canadian business schools! Urgent!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Help with Canadian business schools! Urgent! [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2013, 04:21
Hey everyone. I need some help with Canadian B Schools. I'm from India. My UG score is 65% overall, I scored a 580 in GMAT and an 8.0 in IELTS. I have around eighteen months of professional experience from Amazon Remote Dev Centers, India. Could anyone suggest some decent universities in Canada? I'm not aiming for any of the top tier colleges since I know that's a lost cause. Also most of the universities have their deadlines for this year as March 31 for international students.

Any suggestions about universities with preferably a deadline that is later than March 31st 2013?? Help will be extremely appreciated.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 25

Kudos [?]: 74 [0], given: 6

Re: Help with Canadian business schools! Urgent! [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2013, 02:35
Hi,

Try your chances in Canadian b-schools by clicking http://goo.gl/em5DX

Let me know in case of other queries you might have. You can PM your number to have a discussion over your profile and selection of b-schools.

Cheers!!
Neha

pborah88 wrote:
Hey everyone. I need some help with Canadian B Schools. I'm from India. My UG score is 65% overall, I scored a 580 in GMAT and an 8.0 in IELTS. I have around eighteen months of professional experience from Amazon Remote Dev Centers, India. Could anyone suggest some decent universities in Canada? I'm not aiming for any of the top tier colleges since I know that's a lost cause. Also most of the universities have their deadlines for this year as March 31 for international students.

Any suggestions about universities with preferably a deadline that is later than March 31st 2013?? Help will be extremely appreciated.

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect

Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GPA: 3.5
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 122 [0], given: 26

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Help with Canadian business schools! Urgent! [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2013, 02:57
pborah88 wrote:

Try Rotman it has deadline till April 29th the final deadline for International students

http://www.rotman.utoronto.ca/Degrees/Y ... lyNow.aspx

Please press KUDOS if you like my post

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Sauder '16 (A)
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.29
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 27 [1] , given: 21

Re: Help with Canadian business schools! Urgent! [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2013, 23:34
This post received
KUDOS
pborah88 wrote:

What do you want to do post-MBA?

Is it possible to retake the GMAT? For an Indian applicant you will really need a higher score than that to be competitive. What is 65% in GPA? Canadian schools seem to be a little more into grades etc. than US schools but that is a broad generalization.
Re: Help with Canadian business schools! Urgent!   [#permalink] 27 Mar 2013, 23:34