Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 12:35 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 12:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1598 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 158 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Help with GMAT study materials [#permalink]
zzyyxx wrote:
Hi:

I took PowerPrep today and got a score of 700. The PowerPrep GMAT math seems to be much tougher than Official Guide examples. Are there any resources that can help me prepare at the PowerPrep Math level?

Also, how can I get materials for 1000 SC, RC and CR that I have read so much on this site. I can't seem to find the link to these materials.

I plan to take the test sometime in late September. Please help me gurus!

Thanks.

Take GMATClub challenges as many as you can. They are a little bit harder than actual GMAT (people say) and GMATPrep questions. As for the theory -> may be MGMAT.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi:

Thanks for your quick responses. I took the GMATPrep. Sorry for the confusion earlier.

I had taken 1 test on Princeton Review and another GMAT paper test that I had found, but got very few Math problems wrong (may be 3 at the most). I realized that I took longer to solve problems on GMATPrep as they were more difficult and my error rate was also high. Also, GMATPrep tested on tricky inequalities, number theory and some questions were clearly not represented in any material that I had seen earlier. Is this normal? And any advice.

Could you also point me to 1000 SC, RC and CR that I have read about so much on this site.

What is your feedback on Manhattan GMAT online tests? Are they equally difficult as GMATPrep?

Thanks a ton.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
zzyyxx wrote:
Hi:

Thanks for your quick responses. I took the GMATPrep. Sorry for the confusion earlier.

I had taken 1 test on Princeton Review and another GMAT paper test that I had found, but got very few Math problems wrong (may be 3 at the most). I realized that I took longer to solve problems on GMATPrep as they were more difficult and my error rate was also high. Also, GMATPrep tested on tricky inequalities, number theory and some questions were clearly not represented in any material that I had seen earlier. Is this normal? And any advice.

Could you also point me to 1000 SC, RC and CR that I have read about so much on this site.

What is your feedback on Manhattan GMAT online tests? Are they equally difficult as GMATPrep?

Thanks a ton.

Here the link to 1000 SC, RC, CR:

https://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=20341

I have not taken MGMAT tests, but read that its math is really hard.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 698 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
[#permalink]
I would strongly suggest GMATClub challenges and/or MGMAT CAT Math (even if you do it un-timed) just to get used to SUPER tough questions and learn the tricks and shortcuts. After that, GMATPrep or even the real GMAT will seem easy!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 90 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Hi Guys,

I am planning to study the books OG , OG Verbal , OG Quant , Kaplan ,MGMAT Verbal books and Power Score SC for my Gmat preparation. Should I consider MGMAT Quant books too? COuld you please advise me regarding this?

Thanks,
Raju
GMAT Club Bot