Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 00:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Help with graduate GPA and which school to aim for

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Dec 2013
Posts: 4
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Help with graduate GPA and which school to aim for [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2013, 18:29
I had 2 f's freshman year and retook the classes and got A's. Would I still count the F's in my GPA or do they drop like they did during undergrad?

What schools should I aim for to have almost guaranteed employment prospects? What GMAT do I need? Iwant to go to a school where I can be guaranteed to get a job
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 26 May 2010
Posts: 694
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE: Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 192 [0], given: 627

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Help with graduate GPA and which school to aim for [#permalink] New post 01 Jan 2014, 08:57
jdjohn1990 wrote:
I had 2 f's freshman year and retook the classes and got A's. Would I still count the F's in my GPA or do they drop like they did during undergrad?

You'll probably need to check with the admissions committee of each school as I would imagine they all view this differently.

jdjohn1990 wrote:
What schools should I aim for to have almost guaranteed employment prospects? What GMAT do I need? Iwant to go to a school where I can be guaranteed to get a job

To have great employment prospects, you should probably aim for scoring 700+ on the GMAT and getting into one of the top 15 business schools.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Dec 2013
Posts: 4
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Help with graduate GPA and which school to aim for [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2014, 19:45
kingfalcon wrote:
jdjohn1990 wrote:
I had 2 f's freshman year and retook the classes and got A's. Would I still count the F's in my GPA or do they drop like they did during undergrad?

You'll probably need to check with the admissions committee of each school as I would imagine they all view this differently.

jdjohn1990 wrote:
What schools should I aim for to have almost guaranteed employment prospects? What GMAT do I need? Iwant to go to a school where I can be guaranteed to get a job

To have great employment prospects, you should probably aim for scoring 700+ on the GMAT and getting into one of the top 15 business schools.


Wouldn't there be a universal policy? I know for undergrad they dont count F's and for Law school they count them. There are no undergrads or law schools which count as exceptions to these rules. Are you suggesting that grad school works differently?
Re: Help with graduate GPA and which school to aim for   [#permalink] 12 Jan 2014, 19:45
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
GPA from all schools attended or just graduated from? btsellers13 0 06 Jun 2013, 10:53
Experts publish their posts in the topic A low GPA to apply for graduate school FranyZ 1 25 May 2012, 23:41
Experts publish their posts in the topic Help with my school's deflated GPA gablaze23 7 18 Oct 2011, 08:32
Experts publish their posts in the topic Not aiming at elite schools, but aiming for good schools RycherX 1 05 Oct 2007, 12:09
Which school to aim for adale 1 02 Jun 2006, 16:41
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Help with graduate GPA and which school to aim for

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.