Thank you for using the timer!
We noticed you are actually not timing your practice. Click the START button first next time you use the timer.
There are many benefits to timing your practice, including:
Help with Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
28 Jun 2010, 06:12
I recently took my GMAT and scored a 650 (V-34, Q-45). (V-68%, Q074%). I was planning to apply to some B-Schools. I haven't got my Essay scores yet. Though this might be a common question, I thought an opinion from an experienced person like you could help me get over my dilemma whether I should take the test again or continue with my application process.
So here is my profile:
- I have a total of 6 years of experience (Oct 04- Oct 10). I worked in Infosys Technologies as a Software Developer for 3 years. I then moved to Oracle Corporation as a Quality Assurance Engineer and have been working there since 2007.
- My Academic records are - 92.33% at high school. I did my Electrical and Electronics Engineering and scored 75%. I guess CGPA conversion would be 5 for high school and 3 for undergrad.
- My current activities other than work would be free-lance software development for some of the local clients in Bangalore, India. Also I sponsor education for two kids in Bangalore through a charitable institution. I also am involved with Volunteer activities for charitable causes within Oracle through its Ora Volunteers club.
- My past extra curricular activities would be that I trained in Martial Arts and also trained in Music - Guitar and Drums. I've also been a part of various cultural events at high school - theatre.
- I currently hold a Senior Member of Technical staff position with Oracle. I am lead for an automation tool that our organization and various other internal organizations use. Elaborating on this would probably be my pitch in the application when they ask about any leadership role that I have played in my profession.
Can you please let me know if:
1. My score is good enough to apply to universities that are ranked 25 and beyond? I understand that the Indian IT Male is over represented, but I just wanted to know if universities ranked 25 and beyond would be OK with this score.
2. Would you recommend me with my current profile to retake my test or continue with my app process.
I would greatly appreciate any opinions that you might have. Looking forward to your opinions.
Re: Help with Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
09 Jul 2010, 04:07
Hi Thanks for your reply. I agree that some of the top universities might be a bit of a stretch. I came up with a list of the following schools. Can you please let me know if these are good? Or if there are better schools that canbe added to that list for my score, but i have missed them? I am planning to do marketing btw.
Texas mccombs unc kenan flagler emory Indiana university kelley
SMU Cox Vanderbilt Maryland Smith Iowa tippie washington olin wisconsin madison
Re: Help with Profile Evaluation
09 Jul 2010, 04:07