Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 12 Jul 2014, 19:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Help with profile evaluation and Target B schools

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: Darden,Cambridge,Duke,UCLA
WE 1: Information technology, 7 years
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Help with profile evaluation and Target B schools [#permalink] New post 09 May 2011, 21:37
Hello,
Below is a brief on me.

Job Profile: 7 years experience in a leading Indian IT Services company.
Currently playing the role of a project lead, leading a 20 Member team
Responsibilities include Managing a portfolio of 3 Million USD annually(delivery,quality,resource management)
International experience of 3 years(say US).

Education:Bachelors in engineering with 68%.
GMAT: Not yet taken, been consistently getting that 700, and pretty confident of touching that mark in the actual exams.
Achievements -
- Implemented changes in the project team that brought about savings in terms of 1000s of $, while also helping improve productivity
- Part of the young leaders programme in my Organization, where we are actively involved in leadership building programs
- External domain certifications to gain expertise in the business area I work on.
- Member of the project winning project of the year

Ecurriculars:
- Captained my house soccer team for 2 years(though we never won )
- Actively involved in intra company soccer tourneys
- Class leader during 1 of my school years!
- Executive at my hostel committee responsible for managing our cafeteria, as also tours for the hostel inmates
- Involved in political campaigns in the general elections

My question - How good does my profile look to be considered in the top10 US schools.
Even more keenly, I want to know which Asian schools would you recommend me to have a shot at - I am from India, so ISB is in the top of my list.Would Nanyang,NUS etc would find my profile interesting?What are the top10 Asian schools outside india
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 70

Kudos [?]: 524 [0], given: 0

Re: Help with profile evaluation and Target B schools [#permalink] New post 10 May 2011, 21:07
US schools like Duke, Darden, Michigan, Cornell, Yale, NYU, UCLA and Haas would be stretches - choose 1-2 schools from this list.

Your sweet spot is likely schools within the top 30 such as USC, Texas, Tepper, Georgetown, Emory, Purdue, Indiana and so forth, assuming your GMAT is in the high 600s or ideally 700s. Choose 3-4 from this list.

As for the Asian schools such as ISB and NUS, it would come down to your GMAT score. If you're able to score 700+, you should be competitive. If not, they will be stretches.

Alex Chu
alex@mbaapply.com
http://www.mbaapply.com
Follow me on Facebook

Intern
Intern
Schools: Darden,Cambridge,Duke,UCLA
WE 1: Information technology, 7 years
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Help with profile evaluation and Target B schools [#permalink] New post 11 May 2011, 00:41
Thank you for the prompt response.

Could you please shed more light on the Asian schools please - I am aware of couple of top quality schools in India, and then HUS,Nanyang....
What are the other ones that are good in terms of Quality/ROI, and a fit for me
Re: Help with profile evaluation and Target B schools   [#permalink] 11 May 2011, 00:41