Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 08:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

help with quant section

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 660 Q V
GPA: 3.64
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 74983

help with quant section [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2003, 12:38
I have a very unbalanced GMAT score - high verbal and low math. I need to get the math part up pretty quickly. I'm planning to retake the test in about a month. Right now I'm taking an algebra class to get back into the math mindset, but what should I do in addition? I'm pretty good with arithmetic, basic algebra and word problems - it's those questions asking about what is the 50th number in a set starting with n, etc. Should I just take more practice tests, focusing on the math? Is there any chance I could improve my raw score by over 6 points?
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2158

Kudos [?]: 7582 [0], given: 3623

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: help with quant section [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2003, 21:59
Expert's post
mathchall wrote:
I have a very unbalanced GMAT score - high verbal and low math. I need to get the math part up pretty quickly. I'm planning to retake the test in about a month. Right now I'm taking an algebra class to get back into the math mindset, but what should I do in addition? I'm pretty good with arithmetic, basic algebra and word problems - it's those questions asking about what is the 50th number in a set starting with n, etc. Should I just take more practice tests, focusing on the math? Is there any chance I could improve my raw score by over 6 points?

YOU SHOULD NOT TAKE MORE PRACTICE TESTS!

The contribution you get from them is very marginal and low since you have taken a number of them I assume. I would spend more time learnign theory and doing targeted questions rather than tests. IT is like people who take GMAT in a week after they get 550. They get 550 again and very surprised. :lol:

Apparently you have a gap somewhere... Get a Kaplan's math workbook. (Somebody may accuse of pushing Kaplan's materials, but they are really good, so I just do it naturally - I have not seen a better guide for this amount of money).

if you gone though this one, then it is a little harder. Check what sections do not click with you. YOu need to be analytical with your mistakes - see where you stumble and make a checklist so that next time you can avoid the problems. Mark your mistakes in books/tests and get back to them to make sure you don't make mistakes again.

Strive for excellence! IF you go to be and you are absolutely falling asleep with a great feeling of accomplishment - you will beat all kinds of scores.
Re: help with quant section   [#permalink] 27 Mar 2003, 21:59