Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 08:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Here is a new one : Ross vs ISB?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Schools: rd1: Haas, Ross ; rd2: ISB
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 15

Here is a new one : Ross vs ISB? [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2011, 09:45
For those of you who dont know, ISB (Indian School of Business) is a well known business school in India (good local brand). Although I've applied the usual 'what do I want to do vs fit vs school's placement' theory, I've tremendous respect for the collective intelligence of this community and hence this Q.

My LT goal is entrepreneurship in India. I've listed my pros and cons of going with ISB below as I am currently leaning towards ISB instead of Ross.

1. ISB is a one year program (150K expenses in Ross in 2 yrs vs 50K expenses in 1 yr). If I go to Ross, I may take a partial loan although I've enough savings to pay tuition. So I may be forced to work outside India for sometime.
2. Lower opportunity cost (am 32 yrs with a good salary working in US)
3. ISB is good enough for entrepreneurship

Cons:
1. ISB will be challenging in terms of placement for my profile, if entrepreneurship doesnt work out.
2. I have never worked in India and have been living in US over the last 10 yrs
3. Ross is well known in India too and gives me flexibility to be placed internationally unlike ISB

Comments?
Here is a new one : Ross vs ISB?   [#permalink] 25 Feb 2011, 09:45