Joined: 15 Aug 2011
, given: 0
Here's my profile. Please advise me! [#permalink]
16 Aug 2011, 16:16
Ok, so here is my profile. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
1) 710 GMAT 46V 41Q 6.0 AWA (first try, never took a practice test)
2) B.S. Business - State School; 3.2 Undergrad GPA (3.7 Major); Worked 30 - 35 hrs/wk in school; Fraternity member; Numerous community service projects.
3) 6+ years of work experience in real estate - specifically student housing. Experience in public and private sectors, promoted several times, went from entry level to top manager in company quickly. Lots of recognition, awards, etc. in large private company. Quick success, great letters of recommendation from both Universities and private company.
4) 29 year old white guy. Grew up in farm family, parents do not have college education. Have always supported myself; paid for education, paid to study abroad and learn Spanish / Intl. Business. Unique experiences moving from place to place with company doing internal consulting, due dilligence, marketing, etc.
5) I have worked in privatized student housing and learned much about the operations, acquisition, and financing of existing properties. I then moved to the public sector to gain experience in development of new housing from the public angle. I want to go to a top MBA program to network and find individuals to eventually begin a student housing company.
I currently live in SoCal and am looking at the big schools in the area first (UCLA, USC, UCI Merage), but I am also interested in branching out (Haas, Stanford, Kellogg, Wharton, Ross, Booth, Stern). What do my chances look like for these programs? Would I be more suited for a lower tier program? Any suggestions? Any advice would certainly help. Thank you!