Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:33 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 269 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
There were various types of quant problems. One had exponents as variables and you had to find what they equaled. Another one dealt with rates and a cone (dripping water and how long it would take to empty... how ironic). I don't really recall the bulk of it, but there were a few difficult ones that were extremely tedious (finding the remainder of 2 to some power when divided by 10). The ones in the OG and DS/PS 1000 documents don't seem as hard as the real exam itself, so plan accordingly (I hear the Challenges are a good place to start).

I started my studying back in January. Went through PR first to get the basic strategies then through Kaplan (when you boil it down, both of them have the exact same strategies). I tried the ARCO book, but the problems were too easy and I moved on to the OG. I spent at least four hours a day during this period since I had vacation and I learned good deal but my SC was still lacking. The tactics for SC in PR and Kaplan only helped up to a certain extent. If you plan on cracking the Verbal section, you need to really grind the SCs in the OG and in the SC1000.

My SC error log for the OG is a page and a half long (each page has about 50 entries) but keeping one around really helps. Stick around the verbal forums here too, the documents in some of the posts are indispensable. Three weeks ago I had a hit ratio of about 70-80% for SC, now I only get maybe 1 or 2 out of every 20. During the verbal section, I was so confident about SC that I was hoping they'd give me more (and they did give me a ton of em...).

Just stay focused and don't get distracted during your study time. A few hours a day spread out amongst the different sections will be enough. Participate in and utilize the forums here, they were a great resource. Most importantly, know why you got a question wrong or else you'll just make the same mistake again.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
akiboshi! 690 is a good score .. another only 10 would have give you magical 7XX figure .. but I think 10 points here and there does'nt realy matter. You can aim for top schools. BTW now relax and party buddy! :woohoo

lemme get back :moped
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Late to help now, but drink Gatorade instead of water or soda, and it will go more into your body, less into your bladder.

Also, I recommend an easy to eat fruit, like an apple or orange or pear, for the snack.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37305 posts