Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Aug 2014, 04:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Here's the next batch of the most brutal 35 SCs posted on

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 4

Re: THE BRUTAL 100 SC TEST (Questions 1-70 and growing...) [#permalink] New post 02 Sep 2010, 05:03
These are the most pathetic questions hopefully we should never come across in the GMAT .Very few questions have clarity in them and the answers are very ambigious . A wastage of time doing these questions .
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: THE BRUTAL 100 SC TEST (Questions 1-70 and growing...) [#permalink] New post 11 Sep 2010, 10:24
Damn brutal collection.. got 23 wrong!! Man I need to postpone the date..:(
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: THE BRUTAL 100 SC TEST (Questions 1-70 and growing...) [#permalink] New post 15 Sep 2010, 13:25
will have to remember to do these later and take it with a grain of salt!....:)thanks
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 660 Q V
GPA: 3.64
WE: Accounting (Accounting)

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 76013

Re: THE BRUTAL 100 SC TEST (Questions 1-70 and growing...) [#permalink] New post 17 Sep 2010, 10:19
I am baffled by # 32:

A year advantage in a new computer product or process being introduced can give a company a significant edge on its competitors.
a. A year advantage in a new computer product or process being introduced
b. Introducing a new computer product or process by a year earlier
c. A year's advantage to introduce a new computer product or process
d. To introduce a new computer product or process by a year earlier
e. Being a year ahead in introducing a new computer product or process

I thought it was E, but OA is D. The meaning in D is not clear to me. D seems to imply that "a year earlier" is the method by which the product was introduced.

Can anyone offer justification for why D is correct?
Director
Director
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 58 [0], given: 66

GMAT Tests User
Re: THE BRUTAL 100 SC TEST (Questions 1-70 and growing...) [#permalink] New post 26 Sep 2010, 10:13
BeavisMan wrote:
I am baffled by # 32:

A year advantage in a new computer product or process being introduced can give a company a significant edge on its competitors.
a. A year advantage in a new computer product or process being introduced
b. Introducing a new computer product or process by a year earlier
c. A year's advantage to introduce a new computer product or process
d. To introduce a new computer product or process by a year earlier
e. Being a year ahead in introducing a new computer product or process

I thought it was E, but OA is D. The meaning in D is not clear to me. D seems to imply that "a year earlier" is the method by which the product was introduced.

Can anyone offer justification for why D is correct?

First of all being is generally wrong on gmat in most of the cases.What can give a significant edge?Introducing new product right?So eliminate a,c,e.Down to b and d.In b gerund use is not required instead of 'to introduce' which clears the ambiguity and provides correct meaning.D says its not the year earlier but the introduction of product which gives a significant edge.
CEO
CEO
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 178

Kudos [?]: 922 [0], given: 235

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: THE BRUTAL 100 SC TEST (Questions 1-70 and growing...) [#permalink] New post 26 Sep 2010, 11:28
Is there any overlap between brutal sc questions and the sc questions in Gmatprep?

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator
WE 1: 4 years Tech
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 149

GMAT Tests User
Re: THE BRUTAL 100 SC TEST (Questions 1-70 and growing...) [#permalink] New post 01 Oct 2010, 00:54
manjot77 wrote:
These are the most pathetic questions hopefully we should never come across in the GMAT .Very few questions have clarity in them and the answers are very ambigious . A wastage of time doing these questions .

Do these questions include any from gmatprep tests or MGMAT cats or kaplan tests ?

My Post Invites Discussions not answers
Try to give back something to the Forum.I want your explanations, right now !
Please let me know your opinion about the Chandigarh Gmat Centrehttp://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-experience-at-chandigarh-india-centre-111830.html

Intern
Intern
Schools: Duke,Darden,Chicago University

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: THE BRUTAL 100 SC TEST (Questions 1-70 and growing...) [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2010, 07:11
Hey thanks for the Questions...
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: THE BRUTAL 100 SC TEST (Questions 1-70 and growing...) [#permalink] New post 11 Oct 2010, 08:37
I can't believe I am thanking you for the brutal beating I am going to receive when I run through these SC Questions. . . :-D

+1 kudos to you and thanks
Intern
Intern

Re: THE BRUTAL 100 SC TEST (Questions 1-70 and growing...) [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2010, 23:59
Given the frankly horrific number of typos in the questions, I am not sure how useful this set is. I would be unsurprised if there are also typos in some of the answers that should not be there, leading to incorrect analysis by the testee.

To use the example quoted a few posts above "To introduce a new computer product or process by a year earlier" is given as the correct answer. However, "by" is not the correct modulator of "introduce", you can't "introduce by" a relative time period.

Another example, question 21:
Quote:
21. 2). Among lower- paid workers, union members are less likely than non union members to be enrolled in lower- end insurance plans imposing stricter limits on medical services and requiring doctors to see more patients, and spend less time with each.

a). imposing stricter limits on medical services and requiring doctors to see more patients, and spend
b). imposing stricter limits on medical services , requiring doctors to see more patients, and spending
c). that impose stricter limits on medical services, require doctors to see more patients, and spend
d). that impose stricter limits on medical services and require doctors to see more patients, and spending
e). that impose stricter limits on medical services, requiring doctors to see more patients and spending

Given answer - D

D is wrong, in fact, all A-E are wrong and therefore there must be a typo somewhere. D is wrong because "to see" and "spending" are not paralleled, despite both being dependant on "doctors". "spending" would be correct only if it was the insurance plans that were spending less time with patients, which is clearly absurd.

The correct answer (not given) is "that impose stricter limits on medical services and require doctors to see more patients, and spend"

I draft contracts for a living (corporate lawyer) and this shitty grammer simply wouldn't fly.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: THE BRUTAL 100 SC TEST (Questions 1-70 and growing...) [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2010, 01:24
27. However much United States voters may agree that there is waste in government and that the government as a whole spends beyond its means, it is difficult to find broad support for a movement toward a minimal state.
A) However much United States voters may agree that
B) Despite the agreement among United States voters to the fact
C) Although United States voters agree
D) Even though United States voters may agree
E) There is agreement among United States voters that

I have no clue why the right answer is A! please explain??
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: THE BRUTAL 100 SC TEST (Questions 1-70 and growing...) [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2010, 09:28
Hi, guys. Please, have a look at 63 q. The answer should be A. Sequence of tenses.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 62 [0], given: 18

GMAT Tests User
Re: THE BRUTAL 100 SC TEST (Questions 1-70 and growing...) [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2010, 10:11
Aren't there any explanations for the questions posed . I am not getting a lot of them . I would like to see some explanation.
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: THE BRUTAL 100 SC TEST (Questions 1-70 and growing...) [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2010, 10:38
Aren't there any explanations for the questions posed . I am not getting a lot of them . I would like to see some explanation.
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: THE BRUTAL 100 SC TEST (Questions 1-70 and growing...) [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2010, 11:02
Out of every 5 , I am just getting one right..:(. Can sm1 pls post the explanation as well . I really need them.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: THE BRUTAL 100 SC TEST (Questions 1-70 and growing...) [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2010, 00:38
Thanks for sharing>? but no explanation?
Intern
Intern

Re: THE BRUTAL 100 SC TEST (Questions 1-70 and growing...) [#permalink] New post 26 Nov 2010, 17:27
Can any body give the answers for the these 70Q. I followed the link below for the answers but, no luck. Thx.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2219

Kudos [?]: 8193 [0], given: 3641

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: THE BRUTAL 100 SC TEST (Questions 1-70 and growing...) [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2010, 00:35
Expert's post
I have updated the first post to include the answers (were available a few posts down)

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Re: THE BRUTAL 100 SC TEST (Questions 1-70 and growing...) [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2010, 20:32
thanks for sharing,now I can pick up something new now.
replica watches collecting is another hobby of mmine.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 500 Q45 V16
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 10

GMAT Tests User
Re: THE BRUTAL 100 SC TEST (Questions 1-70 and growing...) [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2010, 09:57
great post. I am gonna attempt these as well. thanks for the effort
Re: THE BRUTAL 100 SC TEST (Questions 1-70 and growing...)   [#permalink] 23 Dec 2010, 09:57