Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 06:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Here's the next batch of the most brutal 35 SCs posted on

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Here's the next batch of the most brutal 35 SCs posted on [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2006, 00:04
I did manage to find it, i just had to wait until the attachment box showed.

thanks anyway
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Re: Here's the next batch of the most brutal 35 SCs posted on [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2006, 17:55
Hello these are really tough SC Questions....
Are ak_idc's answers are the OAs?

It would be shame on me :oops: ........ I just got 15 answers correct. :shock: :shock:
Director
Director
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Re: Here's the next batch of the most brutal 35 SCs posted on [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2006, 11:01
EZO wrote:
Hello these are really tough SC Questions....
Are ak_idc's answers are the OAs?

It would be shame on me :oops: ........ I just got 15 answers correct. :shock: :shock:

Thats why they are called Brutal)
Don't be ashame
Try to understand why did you get them wrong

IE IMBA 2010

Manager
Manager

Re: Here's the next batch of the most brutal 35 SCs posted on [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2006, 05:52
First I wanted to thank you for posting this list. It is brutal. I'm getting about half of them correct so far. I'm wondering how others are doing and if their is a percentage correct that correlates with a 40 or so verbal.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Here's the next batch of the most brutal 35 SCs posted on [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2006, 00:59
Biologists believe that they have found one of the substances that tell individual genes both when to become active and when to remain quiescent in the earliest phases of an embryo's development.

(A) tell individual genes both when to become active and when to remain
(B) tell individual genes both at which time they should become active and should remain
(C) tells individual genes both when to become active and when to remain
(D) tells individual genes both when to activate and when to
(E) tell an individual gene both about when it should become active and when it should remain

The answer is A. Is this because of "substances", and why not "one"?

Thanks.
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 0

Re: Here's the next batch of the most brutal 35 SCs posted on [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2006, 06:58
apinky wrote:
Biologists believe that they have found one of the substances that tell individual genes both when to become active and when to remain quiescent in the earliest phases of an embryo's development.

(A) tell individual genes both when to become active and when to remain
(B) tell individual genes both at which time they should become active and should remain
(C) tells individual genes both when to become active and when to remain
(D) tells individual genes both when to activate and when to
(E) tell an individual gene both about when it should become active and when it should remain

The answer is A. Is this because of "substances", and why not "one"?

Thanks.

Because you have that after substances.... that modifies substances and you have to adjust accordingly....
Intern
Intern

Re: Here's the next batch of the most brutal 35 SCs posted on [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2006, 13:28
Hi!

I am surprised how everyone need explanations of just a few questions.
I think this test singuraly was able to take my confidence to unknown depths :(

Along with the answer key, are there any explanations available?
Thanks
-rg
Manager
Manager
Status: Post MBA, working in the area of Development Finance

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Here's the next batch of the most brutal 35 SCs posted on [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2006, 04:47
I have been thrashed left and right. The tests just indicated the limit to which my score could go down the curve. I was shocked with.." How could I .."
I hope the resources here provide me the strength to proceed.!
Intern
Intern

Re: Here's the next batch of the most brutal 35 SCs posted on [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2006, 20:55
Methods of scientific inquiry emphasized repetition of laboratory experiments rather than less structured theoretical contemplation has, perhaps surprisingly, produced their share of important scientific insights.

A) emphasized repetition of laboratory experiments rather than less structured theoretical contemplation has

B) emphasized in tedious repetitions of laboratory experiments instead of favoring less structured theoretical contemplation has

C) that emphasize tedious repetitions of laboratory experiments rather than ones that emphasize less structured theoretical contemplation has

D) that emphasize tedious repetition of laboratory experiments over less structured theoretical contemplation have

E) emphasizing repeating of tedious laboratory experiments over less structured, more theoretical contemplation have

Similar phrase to my previous question on Biologists ..."one of the substances that tell"...so how come in this case D is the answer without the singular form for the emphasize?

Thanks.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Re: Here's the next batch of the most brutal 35 SCs posted on [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2006, 09:13
Could somebody pls explain questions 21, 22 (I'd say E is wrong), 26, 30, 32, 35?
Intern
Intern

Re: Here's the next batch of the most brutal 35 SCs posted on [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2007, 10:41
seems like no explanation will be given, and its up for the forum users to debate about the questions and answers??
Current Student
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 140 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
Re: Here's the next batch of the most brutal 35 SCs posted on [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2007, 07:55
fumiharu wrote:
seems like no explanation will be given, and its up for the forum users to debate about the questions and answers??

Yep, these SCs are an amalgamation from every know GMAT source available.
Intern
Intern

Re: Here's the next batch of the most brutal 35 SCs posted on [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2007, 11:43
Can Somebody please help.. I am not able to download the brutal 100 sc. Neither can I find the link.
Please Advice.
Thanks
maba
VP
VP
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 118 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
Re: Here's the next batch of the most brutal 35 SCs posted on [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2007, 13:19
maba wrote:
Can Somebody please help.. I am not able to download the brutal 100 sc. Neither can I find the link.
Please Advice.
Thanks
maba

Make sure that you are logged in and that your messages are sorted from oldest to newest. You will see the attachment then.
Manager
Manager

Re: Here's the next batch of the most brutal 35 SCs posted on [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2007, 16:32
Why should we only alot ourselves 35 minutes (1 min/question)?
Intern
Intern

Re: Here's the next batch of the most brutal 35 SCs posted on [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2007, 11:38
I along with many others have been wondering where the OA are, the person GMATTT posting the questions pledged many times about releasing the OA, but never delivered them. **MODERATOR EDIT** Secondly, what happens to discussions centering on the 70 questions ? Is everyone okay with this or **MODERATOR EDIT** C'mom, lets discuss the 70 Q one by one ?
Manager
Manager

Re: Here's the next batch of the most brutal 35 SCs posted on [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2007, 10:00
I agree , lets start discussing all 70 of them one by one.
Manager
Manager

Re: Here's the next batch of the most brutal 35 SCs posted on [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2007, 04:21
Are there any file with explanations on these questions?
Intern
Intern

Re: Here's the next batch of the most brutal 35 SCs posted on [#permalink] New post 04 May 2007, 04:47
I am guessing we are not goign to get an explanation then. A bit unfair i might add as this was truly one of the most depressing sets of questions i have tackled
Intern
Intern

Re: Here's the next batch of the most brutal 35 SCs posted on [#permalink] New post 19 May 2007, 04:30
Hi,
I am also looking for explanations for these questions.
Is there atleast a link where we have discussions only for the brutal 70 SC ?

These are good questions.
Or should i post each question on the forum to ask for an explantion ? I dont think this is a great idea as somebody must have already posted them.
Please advise.
Thanks
Re: Here's the next batch of the most brutal 35 SCs posted on   [#permalink] 19 May 2007, 04:30