Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 05:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Here's the next batch of the most brutal 35 SCs posted on

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 186

Re: Here's the next batch of the most brutal 35 SCs posted on [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2013, 14:56
40. A group of sudents who have begun to clean up Frederick Law Olmstead's Morning Park in New York City believes that the park needs not to be redesigned but to be returned to its former condition

1)believes that the park needs not to be redesigned but to
2)believe that the park needs to not be redesigned but to
3)believes that the park needs not to be redesigned but could
4)believe that the park needs not to be redesigned but to
5)believe that the park needs not to be redesigned but that it

OA says A but can anyone please clarify why it is not D considering the 'have'?
Manager
Manager

Re: Here's the next batch of the most brutal 35 SCs posted on [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2013, 14:59
32. A year advantage in a new computer product or process being introduced can give a company a significant edge on its competitors.
a...
b. Introducing a new computer product or process by a year earlier
c. A year's advantage to introduce a new computer product or process
d. To introduce a new computer product or process by a year earlier
e. Being a year ahead in introducing a new computer product or process

In this question,the answer is d.It somehow doesnt make sense for me.Could anyone please clarify? Shouldnt the answer be e or b?
Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 27

Premium Member
Re: Here's the next batch of the most brutal 35 SCs posted on [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2013, 19:45
Quote:
40. A group of sudents who have begun to clean up Frederick Law Olmstead's Morning Park in New York City believes that the park needs not to be redesigned but to be returned to its former condition

kindly underline ur sentences .also hide ur doubts under a spoiler
as for ur question .the answer has to be A coz its the group (singular) that believes
Director
Director

Premium Member
Re: Here's the next batch of the most brutal 35 SCs posted on [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2013, 19:47
Quote:
32. A year advantage in a new computer product or process being introduced can give a company a significant edge on its competitors.
a...

In this question,the answer is d.It somehow doesnt make sense for me.Could anyone please clarify? Shouldnt the answer be e or b?

the question is not even clear .u have not written the first option !! u have not even underlined !! how is someone suppose to make out as from where the underling is starting .had u given the first option ,it wud have made some sense !!
Manager
Manager

Re: Here's the next batch of the most brutal 35 SCs posted on [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2013, 20:12
a.. A year advantage in a new computer product or process being introduced

My bad!
Manager
Manager

Re: Here's the next batch of the most brutal 35 SCs posted on [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2013, 20:14
aditya8062 wrote:
Quote:

kindly underline ur sentences .also hide ur doubts under a spoiler
as for ur question .the answer has to be A coz its the group (singular) that believes

am new to the site so not sure of spoiler and all...
yeah,but A group of students who have begun to clean up Frederick Law Olmstead's Morning Park in New York City believes..in this students who have begun is plural,so do we have to ignore the plurality and focus on the collective one,group?
Director
Director

Premium Member
Re: Here's the next batch of the most brutal 35 SCs posted on [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2013, 20:29
Quote:
yeah,but A group of students who have begun to clean up Frederick Law Olmstead's Morning Park in New York City believes..in this students who have begun is plural,so do we have to ignore the plurality and focus on the collective one,group?

yeah its the student who have begun but its the group that believes !!
Director
Director

Premium Member
Re: Here's the next batch of the most brutal 35 SCs posted on [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2013, 20:34
Quote:
a.. A year advantage in a new computer product or process being introduced

what is the source of this question ?
Manager
Manager

Re: Here's the next batch of the most brutal 35 SCs posted on [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2013, 20:40
I am referring to the brutal SC list of 70 questions.(by one of the GMAT club members).Anyway,i got the correct answer, its there in one of the Manhattan's ask the expert links.(e. Being a year ahead in introducing a new computer product or process):
http://www.manhattangmat.com/forums/com ... t7284.html
Director
Director

Premium Member
Re: Here's the next batch of the most brutal 35 SCs posted on [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2013, 20:48
Quote:
I am referring to the brutal SC list of 70 questions.(by one of the GMAT club members).Anyway,i got the correct answer, its there in one of the Manhattan's ask the expert links.(e. Being a year ahead in introducing a new computer product or process):
http://www.manhattangmat.com/forums/com ... t7284.html

thanks for forwarding this link .if RON is saying its E then its E .even i was little wary abt D as answer !! btw i seriously doubt if this brutal SC is a good source !!
Manager
Manager

Re: Here's the next batch of the most brutal 35 SCs posted on [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2013, 21:04
True,after going through these questions, i have ended up in a low confidence and lot of confusion.Some ques are really vague :( :(

Last edited by up4gmat on 20 Mar 2013, 21:06, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager

Re: Here's the next batch of the most brutal 35 SCs posted on [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2013, 21:05
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.67

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Re: Here's the next batch of the most brutal 35 SCs posted on [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2013, 01:18
If I want to score a 43+ verbal, any idea what % of these I should be getting correct?

Currently in the mid 40%....
SVP
SVP
Followers: 259

Kudos [?]: 58 [0], given: 0

Premium Member
Re: Here's the next batch of the most brutal 35 SCs posted on [#permalink] New post 21 Jun 2014, 22:38
Hello from the GMAT Club VerbalBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
Intern
Intern
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 81

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Here's the next batch of the most brutal 35 SCs posted on [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2014, 08:07
aceon wrote:
If I want to score a 43+ verbal, any idea what % of these I should be getting correct?

Currently in the mid 40%....

Even I have the same query.I just completed 25 of them,got only 12 right!Pretty demoralising!
That is less than 50%.Is it good enough to crack a 40+ score in VA.
Expert Post
Followers: 288

Kudos [?]: 2414 [0], given: 693

Re: Here's the next batch of the most brutal 35 SCs posted on [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2014, 08:42
Expert's post
Re: Here's the next batch of the most brutal 35 SCs posted on   [#permalink] 30 Aug 2014, 08:42