Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 13:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Here we go again

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 3

Here we go again [#permalink] New post 29 Dec 2011, 14:39
This post received
KUDOS
Hey everyone!

I recently took the GMAT (dec 20) and scored 650 (Q47 V34), and now its time to study for a second attempt. My target score is 700 and I plan to take the GMAT again sometime in february. During the last two weeks before the test my CATs ranged from 610 to 660. However, I did not take any GMAT prep CATs, but instead knewton and Manhattan.

I took a knewton prep course and I have all the Manhattan books, went through all the quant books fairly thoroughly and the verbal books probably less thoroughly.

Now I plan to sign up for GMAT Pill, read some good reviews and the 50 point guarantee definitely plays in. If I score 700 or above I gladly pay and if not hopefully the course will have some positive effect on my score. Also, I will use the Manhattan books again and keep an error log, something that seems to be essential. I know I need to concentrate more on my weak areas in order to raise my score. Obviously, I will concentrate slightly more on verbal this time and I hope to land around 40 and get quant up to 48-50. Starting next week I will (hopefully) put in 20+ hours a week.

I will update my progress fairly frequently and hopefully someone will find it interesting/helpful and please come with insights, tips, questions or whatever you feel like.

Oh, I am a 22 year undergrad student from Sweden, looking to apply for a master in finance this fall.

Good luck to everyone else!
Knewton GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Schools: Columbia Business School, Goizueta, Sloan
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 28

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Here we go again [#permalink] New post 29 Dec 2011, 15:12
Nice, I am glad you posted this thread because I am also in the process of studying. I will look back at this thread soon. By the way, you got some really nice Quant score. If you want to get into 700s it might be easier for you to focus on verbal section, because the improve in verbal will result in a higher result in overall score than an increase in quant section would.

Anyway, I noticed you are planning on applying to master in finance programs. I had no clue that these programs accepted GMAT. I always thought master in finance programs asked for GRE, but I guess I was wrong. I assume the schools you are looking at are in Europe. But I could be wrong again :lol:

Set your aims high, carpe diem

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2326

Kudos [?]: 9470 [0], given: 3702

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Here we go again [#permalink] New post 29 Dec 2011, 16:37
Expert's post
By the way, did you end up using the Ultimate GMAT Grammar?

Good luck with GMAT Pill - let us know how it goes.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Here we go again [#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2011, 02:00
Nice! Good luck with your studying, when are you planning to take the test?

I think the most hardcore quant finance masters only accept GRE, but more regular finance programs accept both tests. Could differ in USA, I have not looked a some many schools over there since masters are not as common as in Europe, although I might apply to Olin and Stuart in USA.

bb: I did not use it to much unfortunately, I looked over my weakest areas, idioms end parallelism. I know I need to put in much more effort this time, last time I was way to lazy when it came to verbal. It was hard, and I did not see the kind of progress I wanted to, which made it even more difficult and annoying.

I have heard good things about GMAT Pills verbal section, so hopefully I can benefit from it. Also, I read your post on GMAT fiction so I will start reading the Great Gatsby now. Thanks!
Re: Here we go again   [#permalink] 30 Dec 2011, 02:00