Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 01:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Hey guys--- new here, but some advice needed

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Hey guys--- new here, but some advice needed [#permalink] New post 13 May 2006, 21:12
Hey guys,

I just registered today... pretty awesome website you have here! Anyway, I'll try to keep this pretty short. I'm a graduate student in an MA Program currently, and I am wanting to go for my MBA as well as the MA that I will graduate with in 07'. However, I was told I needed to take the GMATS to be accepted into the MBA school at the college I am currently in the grad program of (if that makes sense). Anyway, they said because my GPA is so good, all I need to score to be accepted is a 380 on the GMATS, and then everything will be good. (I know I'm going to go to the school I'm at now because my scholarship carries over into the grad program).

I guess my question lies in the fact that I know 380 is a low score, but my math skills are absolutely pathetic by my own admission. I was never a math guy; didn't even take trig in highschool. However, I've always been great with verbal, and have scored very high on everything related to verbal.

Any suggestions as far as how much I should worry considering all I need to score is a 380? I'm just a little nervous; my one friend who is going for his MA in Accounting told me he scored a 560 and he's miles ahead of me when it comes to math!

Also, I've heard a rumor that you should answer ALL of the questions on the GMAT, regardless of whether you completely guess? This seems odd to me: the opposite of the SAT. But, that's why I figured I'd ask you guys, the pros :)

Thanks for any suggestions at all.

- Kevin
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

[#permalink] New post 14 May 2006, 10:11
kwischy,

380 is seriously very low score...
I think you can easily get it.

during my preparation I wanted to solve only verbal section of GMATPrep test (which is very similar to real test). So I guessed all the Qs in Quant and solved only verbal. I am non native speaker and not very good in verbal. Still I score 360. So I think with little preparation in Quant you can get 400+

But before that make sure if your school wants well balanced score with minimum particular percentile in each section.

All the best!
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

[#permalink] New post 17 May 2006, 17:35
You can pretty much get a 380 just by showing up! I would aim higher, though...some programs offer scholarships and your GMAT score is a factor. See if your school does. There might be an incentive to study a bit extra.

I would definitely get the Official Guide and download the GMATPrep tests from http://www.mba.com. The OG doesn't have any strategies, though, so I would get either a math workbook (I have Princeton Review's and it's quite good) or an overall strategy guide like PR's Cracking the GMAT. I have that one too -- highly recommend.

Good luck!!
  [#permalink] 17 May 2006, 17:35