Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Sep 2014, 16:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

hi .. asking for some advice @Purdue.Krannert

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

hi .. asking for some advice @Purdue.Krannert [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2006, 14:19
Hi,

To brief on my profile --
GMAT : 690
Academics : Engineer
Workex : 4 yrs @ Oracle Corp in India.

I have applied to the following schools for the 2006 MBA Programs -
CMU .. Kelleys .. Purdue .. Case .. MSU

So far I have got a admit from Case with an aid of 23K and Purdue with no aid. Have a interview from Kelley next week .. and am yet to hear from the other skools.

A. I called the adcom at krannert and was informed that I have not recieved any financial aid, and being a international applicant I have been having some trouble to figure out on the realistic expenses.

I believe the total expenses at Krannert sums upto 75K(include living and supplies .. please correct me if I am inaccurate here), it would be really helpful I you could please guide me towards the part(figures) of my expenses of what I would be able to cover through on-campus jobs and internships during the course of my mba program.

B. Also can you please suggest me of any ways in which I should be re-approachion the admission commitee to be considered for financial-aid. I am also curious to know one more things. In almost all cases, every applicant applies to a choice of more than one B skools, and even ends up getting acceptances and financial aids from more than one skools. Given the fact that every applicant eventually selects only B skool, does the financial-aid gets re-distributed. Is there a general trend for this decision or is this on a skool to skool basis. Any insights on the skools I am applying would be very valuable.

C. How are the lateral job-placements at Purdue. I am basically looking forward to a career in consulting in Operations out of Purdue. But I understand that not too many companies like Mckinseys or Booz or IBM Cons. have been visiting purdue campuses, Under such cases would you suggest for me.

Thanks for allowing us to ping you for help ..

cheers !!!
Sharad
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
hi .. asking for some advice @Purdue.Krannert   [#permalink] 04 Feb 2006, 14:19