Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 13 Jul 2014, 12:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Hi! I am new here, need some help urgently!!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Hi! I am new here, need some help urgently!!! [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2011, 21:24
Hey

I came across this forum a few days back, and I have followed some of the discussions. I wish I had joined this forum when I started studying for GMAT. Maybe its a bit too late now, but its not over for me until I get the required score( Q49, V41)
I have my GMAT scheduled in 12 days, and unfortunately now I don't feel as prepared as I did when I started off. I started off with good scores, but now since last week I have been fluctuating from 570 to 660. I am very inconsistent with Quant( 38 to 47), and have a steady bad score of 32 in verbal. I am wondering if it would be better to push ahead the date by a month. But am I already running very late for admissions? I have been giving Manhattan tests and studying from Manhattan material.

Please do advise me. Thanks a lot!
Apologies for the hasty introduction,But I really need to take a decision fast.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 1

Re: Hi! I am new here, need some help urgently!!! [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2011, 00:35
What score do you need? If you need a 700+ score then I definitely recommend you pushing back your date at LEAST a month, if not more.

Aim for the sky! (800 in this case)
If you like my post, please give me Kudos :)

Intern
Intern

Re: Hi! I am new here, need some help urgently!!! [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2011, 11:42
Realistically speaking I think I can get around 670-680, I have never reached 700 and at this point it looks very difficult. I saw BB's post - gmat-study-plan-for-gmat-novices-start-your-gmat-journey-80727.html about the GMAT study plan , and I wish I had seen it earlier.

Is there any plan I could follow if I push back the date by a month? I can easily put in 5, 6 hours of intense study everyday. I have done the following till date:

1. Solved all OG
2. Thorough with Math concepts [Solved and reviewed all of Manhattan books]
3. Gone through Verbal SC Manhattan twice [I do well in SC now, but not so well on CR]
4. Taken 5 full length tests [2 GMat prep, 3 Manhattan]

The basic routine I follow is to solve a full length test, review the mistakes, keep an error log. Brush up on concepts which need attention , and then repeat!

I have observed that if I solve without time restrictions, I usually get everything right...even very difficult problems. But I am somehow not able to manage time on the test. I am always running behind, left with 10 sums in the last 10 mins. I spend a lot of time on the first 15 sums, thinking it will improve my score.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: Hi! I am new here, need some help urgently!!! [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2011, 12:04
Check out the gmat club tests. They are quite entertaining.
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2137

Kudos [?]: 7336 [1] , given: 3619

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Hi! I am new here, need some help urgently!!! [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2011, 12:33
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
If your practice score results are not on par with your needs, then no reason to take the test - it won't get much better. I would reschedule but only if you do need 49, 41 - that's a 740 in most cases (sometimes 750)

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Re: Hi! I am new here, need some help urgently!!! [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2011, 12:37
Thanks! What should I particularly do in this one month if I push back my GMAT test? I am very confused because of the inconsistency in the scores. And I really need to work on improving my speed in Quant.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2137

Kudos [?]: 7336 [0], given: 3619

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Hi! I am new here, need some help urgently!!! [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2011, 14:24
Expert's post
Adi18 wrote:
Thanks! What should I particularly do in this one month if I push back my GMAT test? I am very confused because of the inconsistency in the scores. And I really need to work on improving my speed in Quant.

Quite a bit actually.
You need to get a solid base. The reason for inconsistent scores is that you have very weak areas and very strong ones and on some tests you do better than on others becuase you can't test all 100% of areas. You need to find the weaknesses and patch the holes.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
e-GMAT Representative
Followers: 1172

Kudos [?]: 3055 [1] , given: 176

Re: Hi! I am new here, need some help urgently!!! [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2011, 14:43
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Adi,

We do a session on GMAT strategy for our customers. This one time, we have opened this session (takes place tomorrow) for everyone. I recommend that you click on the calendar link on the top of the forum and attend that session. The session is targeted at applicants who face the following issues.

1. My verbal score has been stagnant. No matter how much I prepare, I cannot get to it increase.
2. I am unable to hit 40 on the Verbal section of the GMAT.
3. My accuracy is high when I solve practice questions but plummets when I take a mock test.
4. If I study one verbal section properly and then take the mock test, my performance in other sections deteriorates.

If you have any questions register at e-gmat and write to me.

Good luck!!

-Rajat

Free Webinar: July 12, 2014 - Key to score 760 on the GMAT: Register for this Free Webinar to learn how to define your GMAT strategy and create your own study plan to ace the GMAT. Click here to register.

Intern
Intern

Re: Hi! I am new here, need some help urgently!!! [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2011, 17:20
Thank you Rajat, I will check this out.

Thanks BB. After thinking this over, I think I am going to reschedule and start fresh.
Re: Hi! I am new here, need some help urgently!!!   [#permalink] 05 Nov 2011, 17:20