Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Aug 2014, 21:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Hi - new member...can you help assess me?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Hi - new member...can you help assess me? [#permalink] New post 30 May 2005, 18:28
I signed up for a Kaplan GMAT classroom course on May 16 and believe it has been very helpful upto this point. I havn't taken the GMAT before, so I'm completely new to what it entails...From reading the boards, I'm feeling more nervous about it, as many people have taken over 20months to study, or have taken it multiple times to get the score they want. I'm inspired by those people, but also it serves as a reality check for me

I was hoping to take this gmat course and study 3 weeks afterwards and knock this thing out and pay attention to my essays...Is it possible to still do this, or should I be more reasonable and expect to take this thing twice or more?...My hope is that the myth of Kaplan is true (their questions are harder I've heard) and diligence on my part will carry me through to 700...The discouraging part is having taken the practice Kaplan questions I seem to score between 50-60% correct, but take forever to finish as I am still trying to get the basics down with strategy.....I would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions to what I should do extra (I study 2 hours on weeknights, and 10hours on the weekend)...Thanks!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 31 May 2005, 01:14
Kaplans are good books but don't get used to Kaplan questions. OG questions are the best and bring you the feel of the real test, unfortunately mostly only up to 650 level :(
3 months is an average preparation time, unless you are severely lacking in some areas.
  [#permalink] 31 May 2005, 01:14