Joined: 26 Jul 2010
Schools: Haas, HBS, UNC, Duke, Kellogg, etc
WE 1: Investment Banking Domain, Functionally-Technology
, given: 2
Hi paul.. kindly do evaluate my profile... [#permalink]
27 Aug 2010, 00:50
I would like to have an evaluation of my profile and looking at all the other replies posted by you i think u can definitely help me with right analysis too.
Let me get started:
-GMAT Score: expected > 750
- Degree: Computer Engineering (Mumbai University-India)
GPA: dunno (we had percentage system) - have scored 70%+ consistently... and hence my overall 8 semesters record is distinction.
-Consistently High Grades/Ranks in all academic career.
Ranked in Top 2 of the class each year through schools and undergrad.
2 yrs in India (Investment Banking Domain- Functionally IT) and would be 3 yrs by the time I would be joining college.
Working for one of the most prestigious Investment bank after finishing bachelors.
• Working on Process automation projects
• High level management budgeting applications
• Managing whole projects right from conception, design, and development to testing and delivery. Have hands
on experience of working on complete SDLC.
• No typical management(leadership) experience, as in no direct reports as such but have been handling
projects on my own since 1 year now that involves client handling, requirement procuring, prototype building
and end to end support to the applications developed.
• Both manager and target clients are extremely happy with my work and can give recommendations of it
• Have given NSE’s finance, securities and derivatives module and scored more than 90% in all.
• Have set up Udaan NGO’s DOR initiative in my firm -for underprivileged girls in the society
• In process of registering my independent NGO as well in collaboration with other friends.
Did my internship at Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) the prestigious research Institute of India.
• Career Change – after working in close quarters with finance world, I want to progress ahead and learn more
about the domain and make career in the business side of my domain.
• Have been always a top performer at my work.
• Strong technical / analytical/ communication/ interpersonal and leadership skills
• Team Player
• Considered live wire of my team-enthusiastic, creative and always upbeat any new thing coming up.
• Is an active sports person too have represented district and state in Athletics and Handball at various
• Work experience (not as per college averages)
• Don’t have management experience in most generalized sense of the word
• Rely on scholarships since managing finances is big issue.
Post MBA Plans
• Career in Finance domain
• Long time goal to start a new start-up definitely finance related.
Full time MBA programs with specialization in Finance and Entrepreneurship
INSEAD (first choice but too tough)
May be too ambitious with my choices but I don’t want to aim low. The list above is what I feel right now.
Kindly let me know whether my targets are beyond reach? or something achieveable...