Please evaluate my profile, details kept as concise as possible:
1) 2 years in Oil & Gas at Technip and Larsen & Toubro; Played key role in large scale deep water installation projects, fast track promotions;
2) 2 years at Flipkart, India's largest online retail company working in business finance. In house M&A deals, credit restructuring, collaboration with top management and consultants (Mckinsey) for multiple fund raising rounds from global PEs, Fastest promotion (8 months)
3) 2012 MBA in Finance from IIFT Delhi, India, GPA 3.2/4, Among top 10 business schools in the country. (Yes, I am going for second MBA)
4.) 2008 IIT Roorkee graduate, GPA : 7.2/10, very high level of extracurricular activities (involved with student administration, campus placement committee, top level job in technical fest organization)
4) GMAT: 750 - first attempt v-40,q-50
4) CFA Level 3 Candidate, Trading enthusiast with a high return history for the existing portfolio, specialist in M&A deal structuring, business finance
5) Led NGO team in College, worked extensively with NGOs during MBA for creating the organization structure from scratch and raised more than $2 million for the NGO from corporate investors, Multiple corporate strategy competition winner at national level, rank holder in national mathematics Olympiad.
Some more career achievement ignored due to requirement of conciseness
Post MBA goal: Hedge fund manager/ Private Equity Associate
Target: INSEAD, Harvard, LBS, Booth, Wharton, Columbia, Kelloggs (one or two year)
I will be applying for 2014-15 intake R1
I would also like your opinion on whether one year or two year MBA would be optimum given I already hold an MBA? Also, how does having an MBA hurt my chances? Would you suggest some other schools which would suit my profile?
Hey wild phoenix,
You have a good profile. However, your success will depend precisely on these two things:-
1. Your explanation for a 2nd MBA.
2. Explanation of your post MBA career goal.
I think you are better suited for a one year MBA program, and you will have an easier time explaining #1 for such programs. Having an MBA does hurt your chances, only if you cannot explain why you need a second MBA. I think with proper execution, you will be competitive at INSEAD, Wharton, Booth and LBS.
I don't think writing about HF/PE would be the right strategy while applying to B-schools. We had a client who got into INSEAD this year with a background similar to yours (he worked in Oil and Gas Industry, though he is an American). Shoot a PM if you want to discuss further.