Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Sep 2014, 16:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

High prep scores nd low gmat score....HELP

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

High prep scores nd low gmat score....HELP [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2011, 08:46
Aftter studying of nealry 3 months and scoring well on my gmat prep tests, i appeared for my gmat exam a week ago. I dnt knw hw bt i landed with a astonishing score of 620 Q42 V34. I am still confused and dont knw wat exactly happened. All i can remember is tat i was sleep deprieved and my eyes were burning from the very first section. Can some1 plz suggest wat cud have gone wrong and when should i retake the test. Below are my prep scores.

Gmatprep 1 : 680 Q48 V35
Gmatprep 1 repeat (with very few repeats) : 750 Q49 V42
Gmatprep 2 (3 days b4 the main deal) : 720 Q49 V39

GMAT: 620 Q42 V34

I hav no clue why i got such a low score (specially in Quant)..
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
Re: High prep scores nd low gmat score....HELP [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2011, 10:40
I'm guessing it has to do with you being sleep deprived. I would suggest you retake the exam since your GMATPrep exam scores look good.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V41
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: High prep scores nd low gmat score....HELP [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2011, 10:54
It was definitely the lack of rest. Fatigue will kill your score. Best bet if you retake is to stop studying for the GMAT a few days before you take it. This will allow you to relax and settle down a bit. Remember, it's just a test.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: High prep scores nd low gmat score....HELP [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2011, 23:13
Thnx guys.......im planning to write it in march.. do u think ignoring awa's while writing preps could hav contributed to this debacle???? ...... Also can u guys suggest me 4m whr i can practice some good quant questins????? ...... i hav already exhausted the gmatpreps (hav attempted each prep in about 4 times) ...... i found the MGMAT quant to be very tough(solving each ques takes abt 4 mins) nd nt rep of main test .....

Thnx
Re: High prep scores nd low gmat score....HELP   [#permalink] 19 Nov 2011, 23:13