Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Oct 2014, 03:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Hit rate on LSAT CR?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Hit rate on LSAT CR? [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2006, 20:59
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

0% (00:00) correct 0% (00:00) wrong based on 0 sessions
Hi,

I've taken 2 of the CR sections, and my scores so far are as follows:-

Test 1: first section 17/25 = 68%
Test 2: 4th section 21/25 = 82%

Between the 2, I stopped to revise some CR strategy....it will take a few more tests to get through.

Im spending about 40 minutes on each 25 question set.

Any feedback, comment?
SVP
SVP
Schools: Darden
Followers: 41

Kudos [?]: 427 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2006, 23:16
Well, from what I can recall of the LSAT the CR sections are tougher than the CR sections on the GMAT. Also, just based on my memory, you are only alloted 35 minutes per section on the LSAT. The LSAT is designed in a way that many people are not able to complete all sections comfortably (another way it is difficult). The LSAT rewards fast readers far more than the GMAT does. Of course, that makes sense because as one of my law school professors told me, "the study of law is the study of language". GMAT definitely has a larger math/quantitative component to it.

Again, just going by what I recall, if you perform equally well on all sections of the test, you can miss about 2 per section to make the 99%, or about 4-5 per section to make the 90%.

Your improvement between the 2 sections should be encouraging. It's probably showing that your review helped, and that you are adapting to the style of questions on the LSAT. If the trend continued to be positive, I think that it will benefit you on the GMAT.

I can tell you from my own background that I missed, on average, 1-3 in CR sections on the LSAT (there are 2 per exam); and on average I miss 0-1 CR in the verbal section of the GMATprep & paper tests. On the GMATprep I'm missing on average 4-5 in the verbal sections, with most of the misses coming in SC. The LSAT is a great way to hone your skill in RC and CR for the GMAT.
  [#permalink] 06 Aug 2006, 23:16