Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 05:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Hofstra vs. Pace MBA Question

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Which is better for Finance/Management?

• 26% [4]
  • 73% [11]
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Hofstra vs. Pace MBA Question [#permalink] New post 28 Aug 2010, 18:55
Hello,

Thanks in advance to all that will respond and give me advice.

I was recently admitted to Hofstra-School of Frank Zarb for the Fall of 2010. Class is supposed to start on Wednesday and I have a meeting with the Director of Graduate Admissions this upcoming week, in which classes begin on Wednesday. (Sept 1.)

I am currently on the waitlist for Pace- Lubin School of Business and the classes start a week later. I think I would rather be in Pace at it has a location in the city, and a great location, and it also has a much longer connection of recruits and networks attached to it's soon..it's alumni base is rather impressive.

Should I call Pace on Tuesday and inform them that I need a decision as I have to start class at another school on Wednesday. Or is it best to wait and try to attend a week of class at Hofstra before determining the decision at Pace.

I want to double major in Management: Entrepreneurial Studies and Financial Management at Pace if I am accepted (only 6 extra credits) vs. Hofstra where I would double major in Finance and Management (15 additional credits).

Me: I am right out of college from midwest college with a low gpa (2.7) and an average at best GMAT Score, 570 and 5.0 AWA.

Any suggestions on the strengths of either program at Hofstra vs. Pace?
Any ideas how to deal with the fact that I am still waitlist and I still might not hear back before class starts at Hofstra?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Toastmasters Club, Multicultural Center, Dept. of the Interior
Schools: SUNY, UMass, NYU, MIT, UC BERKELEY, UCLA, Georgetown, Hofstra, DePaul, USC
WE 1: Government-(DOI)-National Park Service & Bureau of Land Management
WE 2: Sales
WE 3: Customer Service
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Hofstra vs. Pace MBA Question [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2011, 13:08
Of course you want to go to Pace. People want what they can't have. my recommendation would be to just do the mba and enjoy it at ZARB. why'd you apply if you're not excited about the opportunity?
Re: Hofstra vs. Pace MBA Question   [#permalink] 15 Dec 2011, 13:08