Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Oct 2014, 18:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Holy crap...MGMAT CAT...

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
CEO
CEO
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 193 [0], given: 0

Holy crap...MGMAT CAT... [#permalink] New post 09 Jun 2007, 11:45
I just took the MGMAT CAT and got a 460... :shock: :shock: :shock: :x :x :x

I'm really disappointed because :oops: I have been studying for a month. I also did a lot of the problems in the OG and on average have been getting about 80-90% of them correct!

I'm guessing it has a lot to do with timing. When I do problems on the club or do them in the OG I just solve them til I get an answer, so essentially I give myself no time limit. Also there were a few Q's where I meant to put one answer but accidently pressed a different one. But I doubt that would have done much to my score had I not done that.

I feel like I'm at a loss :cry: because I thought I would have scored much higher than this. Im going to take the online MGMAT class in 2weeks, but I shoot I dunno what to make of my situation...

Any advice???
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 154 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 09 Jun 2007, 12:27
Did you review your questions and find out what type of questions you got wrong ? what was your Q/V breakout ?

460 --> there must be something wrong with your studying habits.
CEO
CEO

[#permalink] New post 09 Jun 2007, 12:56
29 Q, 26V.

I got screwed on Q. Cause I took too much time on the beg. questions and had to guess on 8problems.

Interestingly, I didn't do so bad on the more difficult problems. Of the ones ranging from 500-700 I got 9 right and 6 wrong (Not great, but better than i expected). What did shock me was that I missed (Including the guesses) 6 of the easier problems (300-500)... yikes!

Verbal: Looks like CR took its toll on me, oddly I usally get 95% of these correct in the OG.

SC I did better than excepted. RC def. could have done better, I made some pretty dumb mistakes.

I don't have the time right now to go over the entire test. Will do that later on tonight.

WOULD you recommend that when I practice problems that I give myself a time limit from now on?
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Holy crap...MGMAT CAT... [#permalink] New post 25 Jun 2007, 10:59
I wouldn't worry about the low score since it's just a diagnostic test. I got a 470 on my diagnostic test (9% on my math :cry:) and, after only 2 weeks of studying, I raised my score to a 560 (52% on math). I'm confident you (or anyone else) who puts in the time can expect the same results.

Also, I'm currently enrolled in an MGMAT course and I must say that I am very pleased. The instructors are brilliant (at least with this GMAT stuff) and the workbooks are excellent.

Good Luck!
CEO
CEO

[#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2007, 16:37
Well its been about a month of the MGMAT class and I took my second CAT today...

I scored a 640! I couldn't believe it, I thought I was doing so poorly. Not to my suprise that I got a lot of the problems wrong, but the problems I did were the more difficult 600-700 and 700-800 problems. Only once did I go down to a 300-500. This was only on the verbal section. Kinda weird to since I got the two problems b/f it correct.

I scored a 47 on quant and 31 on verbal. I think my quant is a little high, I guessed correctly on quite a few quant's. Maybe 4or5. but in turn I guessed incorrectly on several as well. Some of the quants there is just NO WAY I could have done some of them in the time allowed. I had to guess.

Verbal, not sure wut happened there. MGMAT courses are awsome, but we really haven't done any CR probs. just drilling. I don't really like their approach, but I don't have a better one.

Neway, hard work pays off. I'm takin the rest of the night off.
GMAT Instructor
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 128 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 20 Jul 2007, 14:30
I hope you are doing GMATPrep exams
Intern
Intern

Re: Holy crap...MGMAT CAT... [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2007, 19:56
GMATBLACKBELT wrote:
I just took the MGMAT CAT and got a 460... :shock: :shock: :shock: :x :x :x

I'm really disappointed because :oops: I have been studying for a month. I also did a lot of the problems in the OG and on average have been getting about 80-90% of them correct!

I'm guessing it has a lot to do with timing. When I do problems on the club or do them in the OG I just solve them til I get an answer, so essentially I give myself no time limit. Also there were a few Q's where I meant to put one answer but accidently pressed a different one. But I doubt that would have done much to my score had I not done that.

I feel like I'm at a loss :cry: because I thought I would have scored much higher than this. Im going to take the online MGMAT class in 2weeks, but I shoot I dunno what to make of my situation...

Any advice???

Well I think I got you beat...

I took the MGMAT CAT #1 in June and got 720 (40Q/51V), then I took the MGMAT (NON-CAT) #2 and got 540 (25Q/39V).

WTH? Anyone have experience with the MGMAT non CAT exams?
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 29 Jul 2007, 06:59
I haven't taken the non CAT MGMAT tests but I just took MGMAT CAT 3 and I had a question on the scoring. Next to the raw scores it lists the percentile rank. I ended up with Q47 - 81% V-51 -99%. The quant percentage doesn't really correspond with the GMAT Scores portion of this site. i.e. 81% is listed as a 36. I know that GMAT prep are the best CAT, but I'm waiting until 2 weeks before my test (8/17) before taking them. Should I just go ahead and plug in a 36 for Quant?
GMAT Instructor
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 128 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 29 Jul 2007, 10:34
shmegs wrote:
I haven't taken the non CAT MGMAT tests but I just took MGMAT CAT 3 and I had a question on the scoring. Next to the raw scores it lists the percentile rank. I ended up with Q47 - 81% V-51 -99%. The quant percentage doesn't really correspond with the GMAT Scores portion of this site. i.e. 81% is listed as a 36. I know that GMAT prep are the best CAT, but I'm waiting until 2 weeks before my test (8/17) before taking them. Should I just go ahead and plug in a 36 for Quant?

Don't treat GMATPrep like a dainty lady/gentlemen! Did you know that there are 400 questions of medium to hard difficulty in GMATPrep? That's enough for 10 exams! Best of all, there are all posted here on gmatclub
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 29 Jul 2007, 16:44
shmegs wrote:

That's my strategy as well. I'd like to save the GMAT PREP CATs towards the end. I"m told the MGMAT CATs are very close to the actual GMAT (+ or - 25 points but I think GMAT PREP will provide the most accurate results.
Director
Director

[#permalink] New post 29 Jul 2007, 17:52
The reason I'm waiting is to take the GMAT Prep CATs is to ensure that I won't see any repeat Qs on the test. I know that they have a large Q bank, but since there are only 2 tests I want to make sure that the scores are an accurate representation of what I may get on the real test. I always seem to run out of time on the quant section, 10 minutes for 6 questions at the end so I don't want to get a false sense of security if I see a couple of repeat Qs on an exam. At this point I'm just going to ignore the scores and focus on why I answered certain questions incorrectly.
Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 29 Jul 2007, 20:50
there is a post on how to extract maximum questions from GMATPrep, may be posted by rhyme. I have seen it somewhere in the forum. You can search for it.
Director
Director

[#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2007, 00:04
trahul4 wrote:
there is a post on how to extract maximum questions from GMATPrep, may be posted by rhyme. I have seen it somewhere in the forum. You can search for it.

Here's the post...
http://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... =gmat+prep
Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2007, 02:12
Director
Director

[#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2007, 02:36
Yup that's a better post, thanks for the link.
  [#permalink] 30 Jul 2007, 02:36