Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 13 Jul 2014, 07:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Holy Crap MGMAT Quant Question Banks!!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
CEO
CEO
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 173 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Holy Crap MGMAT Quant Question Banks!!! [#permalink] New post 27 Aug 2007, 18:39
I just took one of MGMAT's 25Question Bank sets. I took the Word Translations... OUCH!

I feel ashamed to admit it, but I think I prolly spent double the time of what I was suppose to for that section. I hit the pause button like it was my job. So... about 4min+ per question... instead of 2min

I did know how to do quite a few, but the amount of time it would take to do it.... are you kidding??? 2mins? Ya right!!! Some were ok in 2 min.

Such as: if a coin is tossed 3 times, wut is the probability of the coin landing on heads exactly twice. OK I got this in less than a min... but others... Forget about it...

Owell... I have to admit though, OG Quant Vs. MGMAT feels like 10x easier.

Any thoughts?
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 27 Aug 2007, 23:34
That's exactly how I feel!!! I am currently taking their 9 week session course and love it but man are their questions hard and impossible to complete! For me, not just their word translations questions bank but even their inequalities, etc. BLAH.. but I heard that the GMAT should be a breeze after we get through with MGmat questions.. Hopefully that will be the case for the harder 700-800 questions (compared to MGmat) :o
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 28 Aug 2007, 13:35
I personally think MGMAT PS questions are not really representative of the real GMAT, maybe they are just trying to make their material stand out, Also i disagree wth a lot of there CR questions in the CATS, slowly and slowly i am realizing that OG rules and every thing else just plain SUCKSSSSS...be it MGMAT...Kaplan...Princeton...anything else. putting tough questions is no big deal but putting the questions representative of the real thing is the point where all of them totally fail, for quants nothing comes even close to GMAT Club challanges as far as practice is concerned.

Also, MGMAT quants solutions are pathetic, i can solve any question in a shorter way then they do.

adding to this :
Also, i feel that the level of toughness in Kaplan tests is a lot more balanced as compared to MGMAT even though i scored 600 in kaplan and 720 in my last MGMAT, so if you forget the screwed up kaplan scoring algo but take there raw score and try to match it to the Gmat prep scoring, that could possible give you a very good idea.

I totally disagree with MGMAT scoring, i scored 49 in quants in my CAT yesterday with 13 questions wrong, now thats Bull..sh...its inflated for sure.
CEO
CEO
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 173 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 28 Aug 2007, 15:31
It depends on the level of problems you were doing. If you find MGMAT problems to be no sweat then I think your score is reflective of the level of problems you did.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 28 Aug 2007, 17:34
The truth is i have hardly practiced any maths other then few GMATclub challenges but i come from an Engineering background so maths was never a big issue for me, i think MGMAT PS is too hard under time constrains, specially since they start off with such tough questions, i would expect a computer adaptive exam to start off with relatively easy stuff and then slowly increase the level of toughness according to the performance but i dont find MGMAT doing that, it took me 5 minutes to solve the first question i got on my MGMAT CAT 2 and its not because i suck, the question was genuinely hard. :evil:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2007, 06:48
I am starting to get the feeling that I am abnormal as far as capability in maths is concerned. I take too long to solve the MGMAT and GMAT challenge club questions. I need more than 2 minutes average even for the OG questions.

I have an engineering IT background, I am an Indian, but I still dont do so hot in quantitative. And all this after getting 2240/2400 in GRE some years back.

*Sigh* why couldnt I just be a normal Indian?!!! :oops:
Director
Director
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 138 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2007, 07:32
gluon
-------

Come on, what do you mean by normal indian ? you know the population of india has reached over 1 billion. Are you telling me if the middle half of the population take the gmat (500 million) , they all or most of them would score higher than 45 on quant ?

I know many indians who are super smart in math, while i was doing engineering in school last year, and I also know so many indians who would never reach the 40 quant level if they're lucky.

Be fair to yourself. GMATclub forum is not a representative of the normal GMAT taker. Actually, that's a main advantage of this forum: so many members are really smart.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2007, 10:07
Wow am I glad I saw this before getting the MGMAT materials!! What do you guys recommend for quant prep?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2007, 10:52
If you scored 2240 in GRE then you should definately have some edge in verbal as GRE also has similar CR and RC, as far as Quants is concerned i think GRE quants is too easy, atleast 90% of people i knew 4 years ago who gave GRE scored 800 in quants, because GRE quants is just substandard..atleast it used to be back then.

gluon wrote:
I am starting to get the feeling that I am abnormal as far as capability in maths is concerned. I take too long to solve the MGMAT and GMAT challenge club questions. I need more than 2 minutes average even for the OG questions.

I have an engineering IT background, I am an Indian, but I still dont do so hot in quantitative. And all this after getting 2240/2400 in GRE some years back.

*Sigh* why couldnt I just be a normal Indian?!!! :oops:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2007, 12:20
empty_spaces wrote:
If you scored 2240 in GRE then you should definately have some edge in verbal as GRE also has similar CR and RC, as far as Quants is concerned i think GRE quants is too easy, atleast 90% of people i knew 4 years ago who gave GRE scored 800 in quants, because GRE quants is just substandard..atleast it used to be back then.

Yeah, you have a point about the GRE quants. A bunch of my friends had 800 in GRE quants whereas I only managed a 770/800. I did get 800/800 in analytical though, probably the reason why I get the familiar feeling about CR and RC everytime I practice verbal.
  [#permalink] 29 Aug 2007, 12:20