Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:18 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1737 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1748 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 226 [0]
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1737 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
It depends on the level of problems you were doing. If you find MGMAT problems to be no sweat then I think your score is reflective of the level of problems you did.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
The truth is i have hardly practiced any maths other then few GMATclub challenges but i come from an Engineering background so maths was never a big issue for me, i think MGMAT PS is too hard under time constrains, specially since they start off with such tough questions, i would expect a computer adaptive exam to start off with relatively easy stuff and then slowly increase the level of toughness according to the performance but i dont find MGMAT doing that, it took me 5 minutes to solve the first question i got on my MGMAT CAT 2 and its not because i suck, the question was genuinely hard. :evil:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am starting to get the feeling that I am abnormal as far as capability in maths is concerned. I take too long to solve the MGMAT and GMAT challenge club questions. I need more than 2 minutes average even for the OG questions.

I have an engineering IT background, I am an Indian, but I still dont do so hot in quantitative. And all this after getting 2240/2400 in GRE some years back.

*Sigh* why couldnt I just be a normal Indian?!!! :oops:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 891 [0]
Concentration: Strategy - Finance
 Q49  V36
Send PM
[#permalink]
gluon
-------

Come on, what do you mean by normal indian ? you know the population of india has reached over 1 billion. Are you telling me if the middle half of the population take the gmat (500 million) , they all or most of them would score higher than 45 on quant ?

I know many indians who are super smart in math, while i was doing engineering in school last year, and I also know so many indians who would never reach the 40 quant level if they're lucky.

Be fair to yourself. GMATclub forum is not a representative of the normal GMAT taker. Actually, that's a main advantage of this forum: so many members are really smart.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Wow am I glad I saw this before getting the MGMAT materials!! What do you guys recommend for quant prep?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
If you scored 2240 in GRE then you should definately have some edge in verbal as GRE also has similar CR and RC, as far as Quants is concerned i think GRE quants is too easy, atleast 90% of people i knew 4 years ago who gave GRE scored 800 in quants, because GRE quants is just substandard..atleast it used to be back then.

gluon wrote:
I am starting to get the feeling that I am abnormal as far as capability in maths is concerned. I take too long to solve the MGMAT and GMAT challenge club questions. I need more than 2 minutes average even for the OG questions.

I have an engineering IT background, I am an Indian, but I still dont do so hot in quantitative. And all this after getting 2240/2400 in GRE some years back.

*Sigh* why couldnt I just be a normal Indian?!!! :oops:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
empty_spaces wrote:
If you scored 2240 in GRE then you should definately have some edge in verbal as GRE also has similar CR and RC, as far as Quants is concerned i think GRE quants is too easy, atleast 90% of people i knew 4 years ago who gave GRE scored 800 in quants, because GRE quants is just substandard..atleast it used to be back then.

Yeah, you have a point about the GRE quants. A bunch of my friends had 800 in GRE quants whereas I only managed a 770/800. I did get 800/800 in analytical though, probably the reason why I get the familiar feeling about CR and RC everytime I practice verbal.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]