Thank you for using the timer!
We noticed you are actually not timing your practice. Click the START button first next time you use the timer.
There are many benefits to timing your practice, including:
Can you help me assess my chances. I am applying to Wharton, Harvard, Kellogg, Chicago (Sorry... this is a bit long)
I am 29/Indian/IT/Female having over 6 years IT consulting experience.
GMAT - 700(Q-90%,V-77%) AWA:5.5 & TOEFL - 297/300.
Born and brought up in Kuwait, I returned to India during the Gulf war. I had always been involved in co-curricular activities. I ranked 3rd in my state for the 10th grade board exams and 1st in school for 12th grade exams.
Undergraduate major - Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Undergraduate roles & activities
1. Functions Organizer for Arts Club
2. College Magazine sub editor
3. Member of Board of Directors
4. Lady Representative of the College Union (elected)
5. Vice Chairperson of the College Union (elected)
6. Hostel Secretary of the Hostel Union (elected)
Organized students to visit orphanages to motivate children and donate old clothes to charity.
Tutored other students.
Scored 80% (highest in class)
Before my final exams in engineering, I had already got a job in a top MNC in India. As a front end developer, I've been exposed to gathering requirements from top clients dealing with Media Ratings for television programs, Business Ratings for potential investors and Risk Ratings for financial organizations.
I had won an organizational award, have written technical white paper which serves as a reference document and also have given training to fellow employees on Quality Processes and other technical stuff. I have organized knowledge sharing sessions and daily quiz (to prep the team with the business knowledge).
However, after my first 4 years, I have a 1.5 year gap during which I came to US and
1. my baby, diagnosed with a major spinal defect had to undergo a high risk surgery
2. my husband diagnosed with lumps in his chest had to undergo some surgeries and medication.
And when he was on disability, I had to start working and hence couldn't opt to be picky in my job, pay or responsibilities.
3. Within a year, I had an emergency high risk surgery because of ruptured ectopic pregnancy. Hence because of bad circumstances, I was not able to concentrate much on career growth.
Short term goal - To get a job as a lead executive in a top firm that specializes in strategy, basically to get more exposure to finance, business operations and strategy.
My long term goal - To become the CEO of an organization that provides strategy solutions, possibly give business ratings advice & reports.
To differenetiate yourself, you'll need to rely on ALL of your experiences outside of your job.... Your experiences in Kuwait, your family, and your extracurricular activities. There's no one thing... You need to show the whole you!