Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 19:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How about my chances?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

How about my chances? [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2006, 14:25
Hi, guys..I would like to ask for your opinion about my chances .. having graduated from the University of applied sciences with MBA in Intern.Management and Marketing(Germany) with GPA 2.1 and the Intern. University of Kyrgyzstan with honour GPA 1.2, I'd like to apply to a PHD in marketing (MIT). I have only 2 years of working experience as Finance assistand and Finance coordinator (6 month) of the intern. organisation, what I do not have is GMAT score, but I am going to make GMAT soon, how would you evaluate my chances?
Hope to hear from you,
Aiko :-D
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2006, 15:36
I have only really looked at Finance programs, but this is what I have found. Unlike a MBA, top programs (such as MIT) often care little about work experience. They are looking to develop great prof's and researchers, so unless you work exp. is an indicator of your research ability then it is not really an asset when applying to top programs. I think that as you get to lesser schools this rule applies less.

I can't say anything about your chances for admissions though, as like I said above I have only looked at finance programs.

Good luck though.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2006, 02:40
just don't do soemthing like applying *only* to MIT. I just saw this great guy with a fantastic profile who has two offer letters from top univs + has been interviewed at Harvard - get rejected at MIT.

So, please spread your risk... thats all.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2006, 03:22
Thank you ..
  [#permalink] 17 Feb 2006, 03:22