Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 02:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

how about this

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

how about this [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2007, 00:48
i am an engg. graduate with good gmat score and gp.but only 1+ years of professional experience the two
two options i have
1) work an xtra 3 or 4 yrs for getting admitted to a top b-school
2)make it into some smaller in reputation b-schools with this 1yrs or 2 yrs experience and then start working in management field

which is better sir method 1 or 2? :idea:

Please verify if my following pts are correct
:!: if i adopt method (2) i believe i'll be in same position or higher position as those following method (1) by the time they graduate at the same time i will have more management level experience than those opting for method(1)

->if my aim is to return to india/dubai itself at a certain point of time which of these factors will be more valued
:arrow: a)got a good experience in management field but MBA certificate from not from the top 10 b-schools
:arrow: b)got total good experience level(but majority spent in technical level only few years of experience in management field) and the certificate is from a top university

Hoping for an wonderful answer from you
Please reply sir i got noone else to ask
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 78

Kudos [?]: 701 [0], given: 5

[#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2007, 13:58
The big advantage of a top school is who recruits there. If you aren't looking to work in a top company then a lesser school is fine. If you want to work for one of the highly desirable companies then getting hired by them from any school at which they don’t recruit is nearly impossible. Some companies recruit at only a hand full of top schools, some spread it out among some top and some second tier...and some companies don't even bother with the top schools cause they can't compete with the offers of the big spending companies. Chances are when you graduate from whatever school with only a year or two of experience you wont get the same job as someone with 4-5 years of experience.

The MBA is drastically different from most grad degrees in that it is rare for someone to go in with little to no experience. Most of the top schools average 4-6 years of full time post grad experience. There is a reason for this, though companies are hiring recent MBA grads, these people also have significant work experience and some leadership prior to grad school. You are probably much better served by getting your non-managerial experience prior to an MBA program than getting an MBA and then hoping to work your way into management.
  [#permalink] 07 Jul 2007, 13:58