Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 16:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How accurate is the Free Kaplan GMAT Practice Test

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.88
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

How accurate is the Free Kaplan GMAT Practice Test [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2013, 04:12
Hello

I took the Free Kaplan GMAT Practice Test available online with video explanations and scored 720. Not sure on the accuracy of the score because -

1. Many questions were answered wrong in the Free Kaplan GMAT Practice Test
2. GMAT Prep taken in early May gave 580
3. MGMAT CATs resulted in scores - 600, 670, 650, 640 (with 640 being the most recent) (i.e. the 6 CATs that come with Manhattan CR guide book. I purchased this in July last year)
4. Experts and most GMAT takers have suggested that Kaplan underestimates your actual performance

Also the Free Kaplan GMAT Practice Test did not give any sectional break up.

Request for a quick guidance to analyse my current position as I have my exam scheduled in less than 10 days.

Many Thanks
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 2.9
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 66

Kudos [?]: 325 [0], given: 294

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: How accurate is the Free Kaplan GMAT Practice Test [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2013, 08:42
aditipoddar wrote:
Hello

I took the Free Kaplan GMAT Practice Test available online with video explanations and scored 720. Not sure on the accuracy of the score because -

1. Many questions were answered wrong in the Free Kaplan GMAT Practice Test
2. GMAT Prep taken in early May gave 580
3. MGMAT CATs resulted in scores - 600, 670, 650, 640 (with 640 being the most recent) (i.e. the 6 CATs that come with Manhattan CR guide book. I purchased this in July last year)
4. Experts and most GMAT takers have suggested that Kaplan underestimates your actual performance

Also the Free Kaplan GMAT Practice Test did not give any sectional break up.

Request for a quick guidance to analyse my current position as I have my exam scheduled in less than 10 days.

Many Thanks

Hey Aditi, I also faced a same issue, when i realised that Kaplan gives you higher scores inspite of many wrong answers,
I also got 2 740s on the Kaplan,

However my MGMAT and GMAT prep scores are similar, but still i would say, dnt rely on the Kaplan scores, they are definitely inflated a bit, may be because of difficult questions.
GMAT Prep is the best gauge for your scores. You can reset the GMAT prep exams and then give them again, as the question repository is huge in GMAT prep, so we find very less repetitions ....

Hope it helps!

Just move your mouse to the left side pane and click on the kudos button if i helped you in any way :)
ISB Class of 2016 | Chat Session with ISB ADCOM | How to get started with Essays | GMAT Retake Debrief
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
ISB Class of 2015 | My GMAT Debrief | My ISB Interview | General interview tips | How to tackle "Do you have anything to ask" question | Important links by the ISB ADCOM for applications and interview preparation

Last edited by ankurgupta03 on 13 Jun 2013, 21:32, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: How accurate is the Free Kaplan GMAT Practice Test [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2013, 09:41
Hi Ankur

Thank you for sharing the views.
Would be helpful to understand the extent of deviation in actual GMAT and Free Kaplan Practice test score.

Also, just to clarify, does the GMATprep software result in new question sets as we reset the exam or does the software just reshuffles the existing questions already used in the previous 2 CATs.

Many Thanks
4 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator

Kudos [?]: 325 [4] , given: 294

Re: How accurate is the Free Kaplan GMAT Practice Test [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2013, 21:27
This post received
KUDOS
aditipoddar wrote:
Hi Ankur

Thank you for sharing the views.
Would be helpful to understand the extent of deviation in actual GMAT and Free Kaplan Practice test score.

Also, just to clarify, does the GMATprep software result in new question sets as we reset the exam or does the software just reshuffles the existing questions already used in the previous 2 CATs.

Many Thanks

GMATPrep software has a very big question repository, so hardly 3 4 questions might repeat when you reset it and give the exam again.
Hope it helps and hope you press the kudos button :)

Just move your mouse to the left side pane and click on the kudos button if i helped you in any way :)
ISB Class of 2016 | Chat Session with ISB ADCOM | How to get started with Essays | GMAT Retake Debrief
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
ISB Class of 2015 | My GMAT Debrief | My ISB Interview | General interview tips | How to tackle "Do you have anything to ask" question | Important links by the ISB ADCOM for applications and interview preparation

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 1

Re: How accurate is the Free Kaplan GMAT Practice Test [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2013, 22:07
This post received
KUDOS
Thanks Ankur.

Would be also good to know the possible deviation in the actual GMAT from the practice test.

Many Thanks
1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator

Kudos [?]: 325 [1] , given: 294

Re: How accurate is the Free Kaplan GMAT Practice Test [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2013, 22:27
This post received
KUDOS
aditipoddar wrote:
Thanks Ankur.

Would be also good to know the possible deviation in the actual GMAT from the practice test.

Many Thanks

I would say that the best predictor of your score is GMAT Prep. One normally gets within 30 point range of the score one gets on the GMATPrep.
I got 720/710 on the GMAT Prep last time around and i ended up with a 700 on the actual test ...

Rest it all depends on the G-DAY :)

All the best. When do you plan to give your GMAT by the way?

BSchool Forum Moderator

Re: How accurate is the Free Kaplan GMAT Practice Test [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2013, 22:28
aditipoddar wrote:
Thanks Ankur.

Many Thanks

Also you can try the free score predictor form GMAT Club, it is a very good tool and is pretty accurate ...

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 1

Re: How accurate is the Free Kaplan GMAT Practice Test [#permalink] New post 14 Jun 2013, 03:21
This post received
KUDOS
Thanks for the wishes and guidance. The exam is due next week.
BSchool Forum Moderator

Re: How accurate is the Free Kaplan GMAT Practice Test [#permalink] New post 14 Jun 2013, 04:33
aditipoddar wrote:
Thanks for the wishes and guidance. The exam is due next week.

All the best :)

Re: How accurate is the Free Kaplan GMAT Practice Test   [#permalink] 14 Jun 2013, 04:33