Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 19:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How are Business schools in Belgium & Greece ?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

How are Business schools in Belgium & Greece ? [#permalink] New post 17 Aug 2009, 08:36
Hi Experts,

i have come across below business schools during my surf. Please post your general thoughts related to quality of international MBA exposure and kind of oppurtunities for Indian students. How about the job oppurtunies in general ?

Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School Belgium
ALBA Graduate Business School -greece
Athens University of Economics and Business (AUEB) -greece

Cheers!!
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2233

Kudos [?]: 8372 [0], given: 3645

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: How are Business schools in Belgium & Greece ? [#permalink] New post 17 Aug 2009, 14:33
Expert's post
iwillscore750 wrote:
Hi Experts,

i have come across below business schools during my surf. Please post your general thoughts related to quality of international MBA exposure and kind of oppurtunities for Indian students. How about the job oppurtunies in general ?

Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School Belgium
ALBA Graduate Business School -greece
Athens University of Economics and Business (AUEB) -greece

Cheers!!

Not familiar with any of the schools first hand, but if you are shooting for a smaller school (maybe strong locally but unknown globally), I would recommend you find a school that has strong partners or affiliates so that you can mention/use that name when outside of the local region.

The only example I know of in Greece, is Carnegie Mellon-affiliated program in Athens.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

Re: How are Business schools in Belgium & Greece ? [#permalink] New post 17 Aug 2009, 16:28
Thanks bb !!

Do you know any other such school which is good in local and not known globally?
It would be helpful for me to explore further on this.

Cheers!!
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: LBS (R1-Admit), Oxford (R1-Admit)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 11

GMAT Tests User
Re: How are Business schools in Belgium & Greece ? [#permalink] New post 17 Aug 2009, 21:09
This post received
KUDOS
iwillscore750 wrote:
Thanks bb !!

Do you know any other such school which is good in local and not known globally?
It would be helpful for me to explore further on this.

Cheers!!

It really depends on the location as well as the focus of the program. The Indian Institute of Management is a perfect example in case of India. Excellent institutions with great brand value through out India but less known outside India.

Then there are programs which are good for specific areas, for example, Babson in USA for Enterpreneurship. Again not well known globally.

Your best bet is to network with Belgian and Greek citizens (if you are not a localite) and assess their value in local markets. Also try to talk to alumni from these institutions. Or speak with people in your post-MBA target career/companies. LinkedIn could be used effectively in making such connections.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: LBS (R1-Admit), Oxford (R1-Admit)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 11

GMAT Tests User
Re: How are Business schools in Belgium & Greece ? [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2009, 23:03
This post received
KUDOS
Check this thread:

vlerick-leuven-gent-13788.html
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Re: How are Business schools in Belgium & Greece ? [#permalink] New post 08 Sep 2009, 09:17
CITY College in Thessaloniki. Strong locally and it is affiliated with Sheffield University, UK as its International Faculty if you want to refer to something internationally known when outside of the region.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 2

Re: How are Business schools in Belgium & Greece ? [#permalink] New post 15 Sep 2009, 16:56
Thanks juukkk...

do we have any other schools(not only in greece,but as a whole in europe & asia) tied up to elite schools ?
Re: How are Business schools in Belgium & Greece ?   [#permalink] 15 Sep 2009, 16:56