Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Jul 2014, 06:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How are the test exams on 800score.com

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

How are the test exams on 800score.com [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2006, 14:42
Ne one tried the 800score.com Website which offers 5 practice tests for 20.00 dollars ?

Will appreciate your feedback.

Thanks
Director
Director
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 73 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2006, 13:45
I've purchased them - haven't tried yet. I downloaded them, click on one of them to see how they look on the PC, they seem to look OK (but it's kind of stupid that each test isn't a single application - each one is divided to verbal and quants).

If I take it soon, I'll remember this post and let you know what I thought.

http://onwardtomba.blogspot.com - MBA, GMAT, INSEAD - the journey.
My 7 GMAT Quant Strategies/Trap
My GMAT Debrief

Intern
Intern

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2006, 16:08
I can tell u my experiences since I have taken all of them.
The standards are good and the test is adaptive although it begins with the same question every time and has the same patters os question types for english, 2 SC, 3 CR, 1 RC etc...well, this is an example only :-)

Some of the maths questions are tougher than GMAT prep and some of the CRs are wildest. Their logic seems not very convincing always and kind of compels u to conclude out of the way...but a good practice session...much better than Kaplan..with gmat getting tougher these days..this is definitely a good buy...

let me put my scores: (test no, quant, verbal, total)
1: (49,41, 700)
2. (49,29, 620) [ This was crazy; got the first 4 verabls wrong]
3. (52,38, 700)
4. (49,42, 710)
5. (47,38, 670)

However, I would like to say 2 things:

1. sections are divided so ur bound to see ur quant score before u move to verbal...which is kind of disturbing
2. after u take each section, u need to put ur individual score to gmat calculator which calculates the total score. Here, lies the problem since although the scale scores seem logical the overall are not.
If u analyze my scores for example, in test 4, a 49-42 combination should fetch more than 710 or in test 3, a 52-38 combination should fetch more than 700.

I can say this confidently since I have already taken GMAT once and my score has been 690 (50,33). The verbal was a total disaster on that day. With a 35+ score in verbal, I could have been able to join 700 club but...
thats the way it is...hard reality...will take the test again...lets see what it holds for me , the second time!
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2006, 18:07
Thanks ikaytas.... That replay was a good perspective on the 800 score tests. However I have some other questions for you , since you have taken the real GMAT test... How was the quant on your real ? Was it real tough or was it alright for you ? Do you think the first 15 questions matter in GMAT ? I hear Yes and I hear NO... That's parallel construction I guess :) ... Anyways , how tough was verbal ???
How did you study for QUANT and Verbal ?

I know thats lotta questions but it will give me a good perspective.
THanks for your help..
Intern
Intern

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 21 Jun 2006, 05:38
The quant in the real exam is much much tougher than OG problems. What mistake i made was that i had kept gmat prep for the last couple of days before the exam and when i started working on that, i found that the standards are totally different..but didn't want to cancel the date so took the test. faired well in maths though...50 was a good score. but yes...the standrads are not og or gmat prep or princeton. standrads are manhattan gmat, gmat prep ...for sure. my paper started with a super hard inequality which took me 5 mins to solve on the real test.

for quant i would suggest the following things:
1. gmat club : all 25 challenges...they are just toooooooooooooooo good!
2. manhattan gmat : take the 3 full tests. the math section is very very good.
3. 800 score com -> maths is quite hard
4. gmat prep...maths is just what u get on the test
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

for verbal, since i got 33 i am not a position to tell u anything. but u know. i didn't leave any gaps in prep. and the paper seemed so smooth in the real test. the verabl standard is same as og. infact during the test, i was surprised that maths was seeming so tough and verbal is seeming so easy...but at the ned of the test, the scores crushed me down. 690 is a competitive score but is not balanced at all for me. its totally biased towads quant. for the verbal, i feel that i got the first 3/4 questions all wrong. then the paper became smooth and i couldn't get a better edge.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

regarding the first 15/20 myth, i would say that with the current gmat, u will get penalized less even if ur number of mistakes are more. it counts on the difficulty level. u can get 3 out of first 10 wrong and even then u can get 40+ in verbal ( i have got it in gmat prep). but first few questions, mistakes in a chain will finish u brutally.....also, i have seen for both maths and english, very tough questions are apperaing at the end too....
and even getting an easy one wrong at the beginning, if i could crack these, i could get 51. so each question is important and u can get kind of 50/40 combo with 5 mistakes in maths and 8-10 mistakes in verbal. but, first few questions, mistakes in a chain....a death nail! Thats what happened with me when i took the test, for the verbal section....one thing is for sure, if the paper seems very smooth then u r on the wrong track...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2006, 07:06
I believe it is quite good.
The math portion is quite tough (probably tougher than the real GMAT math tests).
The verbal portion is probably best representative of real GMAT tests.
The only thing I was not satisfied with was the explanations that they offered.
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2006, 11:55
I'm definately a verbal person. But still I'm very familiar with the GMAT and GMAT quant. I took the first 800score last night (the one identified as the sample one). I found the verbal easy... scored 47. I felt the verbal felt pretty simmilar to the GMAT. I did not find that the quant felt like the GMAT at all. The questions seemed quite a bit harder. I scored a 41... which isn't terribly out of line with my scores, but again it didn't have the "GMAT math" feel. What I did like though was the timer that told you not only time left but what question you should be on. I have trouble with quant timing, so that was kind cool.
  [#permalink] 06 Aug 2006, 11:55