Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 20:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How are you filling the void, post R2?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Current Student
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
How are you filling the void, post R2? [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2008, 11:55
Now that R2 deadlines for most of the schools are over, how are GMATClubbers filling up the void? Now you realize just how much time the day has, right? So, what are you doing? Watching sports, playing computer games, sleeping, staring at the wall, reading past few months' newspapers and magazines, dreaming about B-school, trying to get the office work in line, catching up with friends?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: How are you filling the void, post R2? [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2008, 12:27
good question. I was thinking about this myself.

My choices were: 1. looking for a new job and see if I have any chance getting a job in line with my post mba goals.
2. developing some process methodology docs for my company that Ive been meaning to for a while.
3. of course we also have the job of doing some prep for the interviews (whether or not I will get a call is another matter)

edit: I just read the choices you gave, and yeah, I completely forgot about enjoying the free time part...which for me is catching up on reading. any recommendations?

Last edited by mbagal1 on 13 Jan 2008, 12:29, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Darden '15
GMAT Date: 12-07-2011
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: How are you filling the void, post R2? [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2008, 12:28
good question

I am taking a French class in the evenings, also I continued my excercise routine (I had stopped exercising for a while) :) and I try to catch up with friends and go out quite often :)

GO BLUE !!!

VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: How are you filling the void, post R2? [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2008, 12:51
Blockbuster DVD's by mail and exchange at store

Trying to catch up with the top 250 movies as per IMDB Database
VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth Class of 2010
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 156 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: How are you filling the void, post R2? [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2008, 13:42
mNeo wrote:
Now that R2 deadlines for most of the schools are over, how are GMATClubbers filling up the void? Now you realize just how much time the day has, right? So, what are you doing? Watching sports, playing computer games, sleeping, staring at the wall, reading past few months' newspapers and magazines, dreaming about B-school, trying to get the office work in line, catching up with friends?

I was talking about that yesterday to my friends... I have a list of books I want to read, movies I want to watch. Started today reading!

Will take Spanish classes and re-start working out. Will travel the most I can in Portugal and Spain and also have quality time with family and friends.

Also "spending" time here at THE CLUB.

Rhyme´s guide to interviewing
http://www.gmatclub.com/forum/t55030

Kwam's Profile
111-t57360

Director
Director
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) - Class of 2010
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 132 [0], given: 10

GMAT Tests User
Re: How are you filling the void, post R2? [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2008, 14:32
-Study a little bit for GMAT, just incase i get waitlisted, then that`s an area I can improve, but I won`t sit it unless i am waitlisted.
-Learn to drive. If I end up in the USA, driving will be essential.
-Promotion/role change - currently under negotiation - this could lead to part-sponsorship of my MBA
-Spend more time with child
- Invest more time into extra-curriculars - talking with a guy about an environmental initiative he is trying to set up and trying to get my company on board
- Alpha/Beta testing of a football management MMO
- Considering studying for CFA as well.
- Have some DJing mixes i need to get recorded for some people in the UK
- Have lots of unfinished remixes i could finish, but probably won`t get round to that
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: How are you filling the void, post R2? [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2008, 14:35
Football Management MMO? :-O

I've played some low-quality ones in the past. But none of them come even close to the richness of Football Manager (Championship Manager of the past). I have been out of touch with these for the past couple of years. Are there any really good Football Management MMOs out there now?
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: How are you filling the void, post R2? [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2008, 15:07
Football Manager Live is currently in Beta... I was there during alpha, i happen to know the developers :)
Attachments

fml.jpg
fml.jpg [ 91.29 KiB | Viewed 860 times ]

1 KUDOS received
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 64

Kudos [?]: 333 [1] , given: 14

GMAT Tests User
Re: How are you filling the void, post R2? [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2008, 22:15
This post received
KUDOS
isn't it obvious by the # of posts that river and I have? :wink:

Nah, but this is what I'm doing now that I have SO MUCH time!

1. Hang out with friends for dinner during weeknights and weekends
2. Took a hi-performance driving class (awesome!) at the Thunderhill race track in Northern California. I'm going to the next one in March in Monterey... I'm hooked (very bad because it's an expensive hobby and I'll be on loans soon).
3. Get back into my other hobbies
4. Exercise more, get back in shape
5. Catch all the Oscar worthy movies with friends
6. post my travel pictures from the past year on my picture website (I'm a wannabe amateur photographer)
7. Figure out my finances and all that.
8. Learn how to sell my place myself (to save the 6% fee that realtors charge). Anyone have an idea or can point me in the right direction?
9. Get the Nintendo Wii in February and play Super Smash Brothers Melee
10. Um, I don't know, veg? :P

GMAT Club Knowledge Vault:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/123
Haas Ambassador
http://gmatclub.com/forum/128-t62555
Kryzak's Profile:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/111-t56286
Member Essays:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/103-t50969

Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: How are you filling the void, post R2? [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2008, 23:12
kryzak wrote:

I forgot i've got a wii.. will add that to my list of things to do!! Kudos to you for reminding me :-D
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: How are you filling the void, post R2? [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2008, 00:35
I feel I have so much free time!!! To keep myself sane, below is my list, not necessary in the order.

1) Complete Fin Aid app.
2) Exercise more. Lift weights, run.
3) Learn to play golf. This should be fun. :)
4) I have this book for the longest time (The Intelligent Investor) but had never started reading it. I started yesterday.
6) Plan my travelling ... I want to visit Europe. I also want to improve my Chinese so I am considering spending 1-2 months in China. It's 'either or' in this case.
7) Get suits tailored.
8) Anything that comes to my mind. :-D

Cheers,

Last edited by BCC145 on 14 Jan 2008, 01:04, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: How are you filling the void, post R2? [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2008, 00:53
kryzak wrote:
8. Learn how to sell my place myself (to save the 6% fee that realtors charge). Anyone have an idea or can point me in the right direction?

I sold my condo in the U.S. before I moved back to my country and so I will give my 2 cents. The drawback in selling yourself is you don't have the access to all the potential buyers - I believe this is where you will get the most value in hiring an agent. Of course, it depends on the market. If your market is hot (a lot of buyers ... I doubt this is the case these days but each market is different) then I think you can get a good offer. If not then I would go with hiring an agent. I was actually satisfied with my agent; she was very nice and worked pretty hard for me and I ended up with a good offer. The key is of course to find a good agent that you feel comfortable with (easier said than done). :)
VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth Class of 2010
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 156 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: How are you filling the void, post R2? [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2008, 01:44
togafoot wrote:
kryzak wrote:

I forgot i've got a wii.. will add that to my list of things to do!! Kudos to you for reminding me :-D

I've just found out that here in Portugal a Wii is cheaper than is the USA, and I was waiting for the Ad weekends to buy one. The problem is that it's sold out everywhere...

Rhyme´s guide to interviewing
http://www.gmatclub.com/forum/t55030

Kwam's Profile
111-t57360

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Wharton, Booth, Stern

Kudos [?]: 79 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: How are you filling the void, post R2? [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2008, 05:01
mNeo wrote:

Studying for the CFA level 2...

Wharton admits, join the rugby team!! It'll be by far the best experience of your MBA life

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: How are you filling the void, post R2? [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2008, 05:44
Audio wrote:
Studying for the CFA level 2...

uggh good luck... you are in for a world of pain. my advice for anyone going through it -- if you care about my opinion :) -- is to focus on the big ticket items. make sure you ace FSA + equity valuation and you will likely pass.
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: How are you filling the void, post R2? [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2008, 06:06
I'm still considering starting it... Do you think there is any value in studying for it and taking the first exam in June?
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: How are you filling the void, post R2? [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2008, 06:28
I was considering just chilling before school starts, but you guys have my thinking of taking the CFA level1.
Director
Director
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: How are you filling the void, post R2? [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2008, 07:15
I might study for the CCIE written. I need to recertify my CCNP anyway.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: How are you filling the void, post R2? [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2008, 07:23
mNeo wrote:

I'm hitting F5 and logging into my applications to check if my status changed. I'll continue this process until April.
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: How are you filling the void, post R2? [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2008, 07:28
I can't believe no one said stare at the wall :)

Get in touch with the friends that I used to have.. pray to god for acceptances..
work out more may be.. spend time with my dance troupe.. may be start cooking..

Success is my only option, failure is not -- Eminem

Re: How are you filling the void, post R2?   [#permalink] 14 Jan 2008, 07:28