I applied to several US bschools recently, all in R2. I just heard back from one of my "backup" schools (within 2 weeks of applying - did informal interview when they were in my city for an MBA fair) and gained acceptance, which is a relief to at least know that I'll be going to somewhere in the fall!
But here is my dilemma, I have to wait until end of march and in many cases until mid April before I hear back on final decisions on my top schools.
I wanted to ask if it's appropriate to ask my backup school to give my final decision until end of March? If this is too long, what would you recommend as best course of action? I was thinking of just being up front and honest with them to say that I do have other schools that I would like to hear back from before making a decision. But at the same time, I didn't want to risk "losing" this acceptance in case that I do not get acceptance at any other schools.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!