Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Aug 2014, 21:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How can I get out of the 340 range on the actual GMAT?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

How can I get out of the 340 range on the actual GMAT? [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2007, 12:41
Hello All ,

I am new to the sight and thought this would be a good thread. I have taken the GMAT twice and have scored in the 380's twice. I am so frusterated with these scores and dont know what the problem is. I have take Kaplan and Manhatten courses. I have scored in the 570's for kaplan. I just dont understand why there is such of a big difference from my GMAT score and My Kaplan score. Does anyone have suggestions on what I should do? Does anyone have a good study plan on something I can do everday to improve my chances on th actual GMAT. I am looking to take the test again on March 10th.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
VP
VP
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 182 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2007, 12:53
What were your scores in GMATprep? Those are better at predicting actual scores. Other than that, analyze whether nerves or anything else affected your scores.

On the strategies, read the stickies from people who have made the kind of improvement you are looking at.

Cheers. L.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2007, 12:55
It could be nerves but how does one overcme nerves? On the GMat prep I did score low :cry:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2007, 11:58
You did not give a breakdown of your Q, V scores

I would say start by identifying your weaknesses and then revising the basics in those. Once your basics are strong, it should be easier to keep your nerves :-)
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
GMAT [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2007, 09:14
The toughest part right now is probably to figure out where to start..right? Know your basics. If you think " Oh ya I already know them". Doesn't hurt to review them once again. I did this and it helps! The GMAX material is great. Also, the MGMAT books are good. After this, I'd start with the OG. The questions start from easy to medium and then tough. Keep an error log as you go along. This will help you determine which topic you need to go back to the basics to revisit. Hope my 2 cents helps....
CD
GMAT   [#permalink] 26 Mar 2007, 09:14